Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just told US Bank goodbye!

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just told US Bank goodbye!

@patrick00032001 wrote:

It was the way she said it to me, like I had done something wrong, thats why I took offense, I am someones son, brother, uncle, best friend so on, we all are, but dont treat me like I have done something horribly wrong, thats why I reacted the way I did, again, scripted, programmed, and totally unprofessional.

Hopefully if they ever review the transcripts they can help correct some of the processes like this that need fine tuning, when working with customers. With the volume of calls I always wondered what actually was saved or heard.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 51 of 91
yfan
Valued Contributor

@patrick00032001 wrote:

It was the way she said it to me, like I had done something wrong, thats why I took offense, I am someones son, brother, uncle, best friend so on, we all are, but dont treat me like I have done something horribly wrong, thats why I reacted the way I did, again, scripted, programmed, and totally unprofessional.

Honest question: is there a way someone could say to you "We are reducing your credit limits because of new accounts even though you have never been late with us" that wouldn't have been offensive to you? Because if not, then you do in fact take offense to the content of what she said rather than her mannerism. Throughout this thread, I have gotten the distinct impression that you are offended by the idea that they CLD'd you due to new accounts given the fact that you have such a good profile. Am I wrong?

Message 52 of 91
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I still can't believe she said they didn't like the number of accounts you opened in the last year. Just poor taste and judgment. Such a company shouldn't act that way period.

Actually, nothing wrong with it. It's the bank's policies and their own comfort levels. If they are conservative, then most banks will not want to see someone actively seeking credit. 

Message 53 of 91
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@patrick00032001 wrote:

Ok, let this happen to you, and I promise you, you will take it personal, anyone would, again, love how people try to justify that its ok, when its not them. I have sat back and watched the posts pour in for well over 3 years covering this exact same subject, and never once told someone its just business or get over it basically, how about not saying anything at all if you can't be semi constructive about other members posts, with that said, Im moving forward with my credit journey.

I think that if someone received a CLD of course their pride would be hurt and they'd be upset with the practice. It's also our job on here to realize that sprees aren't a great thing and just because we have excellent credit doesn't necessarily mean that each person is entitled to whatever card they want with whatever CL they want. I know that I will not be surprised if I receive a CLD this year as I've grown my total accounts quite extensively this year. It's the risk we all knowingly take when expanding. I don't think anyone means any harm when replying, but just reminding us all these are the ramifications of the game, so to speak.

Message 54 of 91
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@patrick00032001 wrote:

It really humbles me to see how others are reacting to this post, I have to wonder if this had happened to them, would they still try and justify what the bank did? My good credit says not a chance! lol I have yet to see one post on here about someone getting their credit limit reduced or closed completely and said, well, the bank did the right thing, and I totally understand why! People crack me up!

Then can I be among the first.   Amex closed my card, and I totally understand why, and would have done the same thing, except earlier, had I been them!  Which isn't to say I welcomed the decision, I wished it hadn't happened, but I do understand why.

Your post, a ltitle like a similar one yesterday, appears to be posted with the expectation that everyone will agree you did the right thing, and you get annoyed when not everyone does.  Life on the forums.

Message 55 of 91
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@patrick00032001 wrote:

I can definitely understand that. Banking used to be an extremely personal operation. Bonds were formed and relationships stood the test of time. Sadly, the days of that are gone for the most part. It's all about your number, income, and your risk level in their algorithm. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. (Both you and the CSR.. and each poster for that matter. Smiley Wink)

Message 56 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@revvystoke wrote:

@patrick00032001 wrote:

Hopefully if they ever review the transcripts they can help correct some of the processes like this that need fine tuning, when working with customers. With the volume of calls I always wondered what actually was saved or heard.

And, depending on the perceived context of the conversation, there is no doubt the OP got "hooked" with a statement that the US Bank representative allegedly made based on those findings.  This experience may also help others who peruse through these threads whereby a perceived notion that the conversation could derail, one has the option to escalate higher (cooler heads prevail).  The CLD decision is not final.  While presummably a computer algorithm made the decision based on those inherent risks, a human is always empowered to overturn it in the majority of cases. 

Message 57 of 91
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@revvystoke wrote:

@patrick00032001 wrote:

And, depending on the perceived context of the conversation, there is no doubt the OP got "hooked" with a statement that the US Bank representative allegedly made based on those findings.  This experience may also help others who peruse through these threads whereby a perceived notion that the conversation could derail, one has the option to escalate higher (cooler heads prevail).  The CLD decision is not final.  While presummably a computer algorithm made the decision based on those inherent risks, a human is always empowered to overturn it in the majority of cases. 

Definitely agree with this here. Cooler heads prevail.. and speaking to a human capable of overturning the computer's decisions based on their review of your track record would be wise. With that said, if anyone feels affronted with a company, ending the relationship makes sense to me if it makes you feel better at the end of the day. I know it would make sense to me if there was no real tangible value missing should I close the card. 

On a side note, I sincerely hope this thread can stay civil, as I don't like locking so many threads. 

Message 58 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@patrick00032001 wrote:

It really humbles me to see how others are reacting to this post, I have to wonder if this had happened to them, would they still try and justify what the bank did? My good credit says not a chance! lol I have yet to see one post on here about someone getting their credit limit reduced or closed completely and said, well, the bank did the right thing, and I totally understand why! People crack me up!

Then can I be among the first.   Amex closed my card, and I totally understand why, and would have done the same thing, except earlier, had I been them!  Which isn't to say I welcomed the decision, I wished it hadn't happened, but I do understand why.

Your post, a ltitle like a similar one yesterday, appears to be posted with the expectation that everyone will agree you did the right thing, and you get annoyed when not everyone does.  Life on the forums.

Exactly.  It could happend to anyone, myself included.  If say Diners decided to close one of my accounts instead of keeping the "twins" then, by the same token that longtimelurker mentioned above, I wish it wouldn't happen but I would understand why - it is their decision and it is pure and simple, just business.

Message 59 of 91
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

It was a combination of how she handled the situation, and me being upset that they did that to me, after they begged me for business though the mail, it was insulting, I can tell you right now, there was no way I was going to be able to change the out come, she told me, our system sets the limits, and thats when I said, please just close my accounts, because I dont want to carry cards with a company I cant depend on, like other people have said on here, what if I would have been out of the country? Thats not a very good situation to put any one in.

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 60 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.