Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just told US Bank goodbye!

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just told US Bank goodbye!

As a general reminder, please keep the discussion here Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful.   Name-calling does not meet this standard and simply distracts from potentially valid points.   Differences of opinion should be expressed in a respectful matter.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 81 of 91
yfan
Valued Contributor

There's a common assumption that you have to be on someone's "side." If you are not in full agreement with every grievance against the bank, then you are seen as automatically on the bank's "side." In general, that's a weak argument that follows an unwillingness to address the point.

Message 82 of 91
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

US Bank and FNBO are known to review ARS and IDA reports for new accounts.

Two lenders to avoid if you're going to open new accounts elsewhere, that's all.

I haven't replaced the $12k that FNBO "took away" this year after I opened new accounts within six months, but I also didn't need the $, I was only using the card for the rewards on certain purchaes.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 83 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Two lenders to avoid if you're going to open new accounts elsewhere, that's all.

I haven't replaced the $12k that FNBO "took away" this year after I opened new accounts within six months, but I also didn't need the $, I was only using the card for the rewards on certain purchaes.

Intrusive.

Message 84 of 91
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Intrusive.

I'm now getting 2 mailings a week for the FNBO Amex.   Still find it hard to believe their text..  Apparent;y, I now deserve better rewards, which means 1% on EVERY purchase, EVERY time.  I'm sure that such a generous rewards program can't last long.

Message 85 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Intrusive.

I'm now getting 2 mailings a week for the FNBO Amex.   Still find it hard to believe their text..  Apparent;y, I now deserve better rewards, which means 1% on EVERY purchase, EVERY time.  I'm sure that such a generous rewards program can't last long.

They're behind the times. Smiley Happy

Just wait. Next they'll be saying 1.5% is the biggest thing since bloodletting.

Message 86 of 91
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I'm disappointed to see the NERFing of the Cash+ card.

I'm sad I opened a checking account online and sent $1500 there.

I'm hoping some new card is going to be introduced. While many credit union rewards (CURewards) are less than 1%, 1.5% is the new baseline set for rewards if the card doesn't offer any special categories.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 87 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

I'm disappointed to see the NERFing of the Cash+ card.

It was inevitable.

Message 88 of 91
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@patrick00032001 wrote:

I have a Kroger 123 Rewards Visa and a Cash + card, I go online last night to pay my bill, noticed they slashed my Kroger card down to $2,000.00 from $17,000.00 and my Cash + from $5,000.00 down to $1,000.00, now mind you, I have always paid these cards in full each month, I called customer service, they transfered me over to investigations dept, and they tell me, they dont like the new accounts I have opened over the last year! I politely told her, I like having your card, but I dont NEED your card, please close both my accounts right now! She got queit, then said ok? I told her, I have other options, with much better rates, and much higher credit lines, I told her, the 18.99% you charge tier A customers is highway robbery, I told her, the rewards are nice, but my credit union loves my business, and they love my credit so much they gave me 8.95% with a $20,000.00 credit line, after my rant with her, she said I understand, I will close these accounts right away, I told her, BIG BANKS think they can jerk people around and play games, I said credit unions are focused on people, and taking care of their needs, I told her, I will never consider US Bank for anything else in the future, thanked her and hung up! Smiley Frustrated

Love it, you are right the big banks could care less about you and will jack you around when you need them most, its why I have no accounts with any too big to fail bank...Good for you OP Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

popcorn colbert

Message 90 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.