Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering!!!

My credit scores are 568equifax, 652,experien,623,transunion. I have had 2 public records(that are paid) 4 collection accounts (that are paid) I have been on time with my payment since last year. I apply for credit cards and I always get denied. I dont understand it because I paid everything off. My scores have jumped alote. When I first started I was at 489. I dont want to get anymore inq on my report if all I am going to do is get denied. I have gone into (Who gave me Credit) and put in my scores and then applied. but once again DENIED.  Iam just confused. Anyone out there that can explain it to me would be great!!!!!
Thanks
Cathy

Ps Just got my first Goodwill  letter back and it is......
A SUCCESS ( well at least Iam doing that right!!!)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just wondering!!!

Do you have any credit at all as they may be looking at that with the
negative history?
You can get a continental finance and imagine card with some fees but at
least that would be a start..
Also a secured card if that is the issue also..
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

O'h ya congrats on the GW success...Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a BOA secured card that I just got a few months ago. I did just get the Continental Card

wolf69 wrote:
My credit scores are 568equifax, 652,experien,623,transunion. I have had 2 public records(that are paid) 4 collection accounts (that are paid) I have been on time with my payment since last year. I apply for credit cards and I always get denied. I dont understand it because I paid everything off. My scores have jumped alote. When I first started I was at 489. I dont want to get anymore inq on my report if all I am going to do is get denied. I have gone into (Who gave me Credit) and put in my scores and then applied. but once again DENIED.  Iam just confused. Anyone out there that can explain it to me would be great!!!!!
Thanks
Cathy

Ps Just got my first Goodwill  letter back and it is......
A SUCCESS ( well at least Iam doing that right!!!)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let time take over and wait 6 months or more before applying again
let the tradelines age a little as they may see the risk factor with the
new credit lines and the old negative history and won't give you new
credit...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.