Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KAYS/STERLING Credit Card

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

KAYS/STERLING Credit Card

i have a KAY JEWLERS Store card that has been dormant for almost 2years. about 3 weeks ago i put a $1000 charge on it. i plan on paying the full amount friday. my statement cut the 14th of this month so the balance got reported and killed my util% so i want to make sure it does not get reported again lol. my question is to anyone that has this card or that might know when kays reports? im having an issue figuring this out. i checked my Equifax report and it said last reported date was 7/1/12 but the statement didnt cut till the 14th but my SW alert and EQ alert just came in about 6 days ago. so im trying to figure out if they just always report on the 1st or if they report the statment balance? if anyone knows can you please enlighten meSmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: KAYS/STERLING Credit Card

I have Jared's which is also a Sterling card (same people).

They report the statement balance. For me they report on the 22nd of each month and the payment was due on the 14th (IIRC).

I called and asked them what date they report. They seem to be pretty responsive and knowledgeable for CSR's.

Message 2 of 5
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I just looked into it a little further and you are in fact absolutely right Smiley Wink they always report on the 22nd

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

What bureau did they pull for getting the account?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
What bureau did they pull for getting the account?

they pulled EQ for me when i first opened the account and then pulled hard on EQ again a month ago for a CLI

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.