dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers

Kay Jewelers Is this Credit card ( visa , Master card ? )Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluenile is an excellent place to get a diamond. I bought my wife's diamond through them and also purchased he wedding band through them also.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Kay Jewelers Is this Credit card ( visa , Master card ? )Smiley Happy

It is a store card, not a Visa/MC.
Message 13 of 24
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy store card , rate must be high . stay away with that . YOu can buy diamond , can you pay ? I like CC better , because you can buy anything you want with low rate .
thank you .
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Smiley Happy store card , rate must be high . stay away with that . YOu can buy diamond , can you pay ? I like CC better , because you can buy anything you want with low rate .
thank you .

Yes, the rate is high, in the 20s, but the benefit with the Kay card is 0% for 12 months on purchases over $500 with 20% down.

Put 20% on a major CC, charge the other 80% to the Kay card.  Get 0% for 12 months on 80% of your purchase.

Message 15 of 24
aaagirl
New Contributor

Ok, so after thinking about the posts regarding Kay/Jared's being reported as two trade lines (but actually only one amount that can be shared at eith store) I went ahead and appd at Jared's yesterday.  I just called to followup, and was approved there as well.  Hopefully they do report as 2 separate accts on my cr for 3k each as some have stated.  T'would be nice to have 6k new in TL showing for a boost.  Will let you know!
aaagirl1

ps: I did clarify with Jared's cs that the 3k limit is shared.
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 16 of 24
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Got approved for $1300!!
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!. Those approved, would you mind sharing your credit scores?? I would hate to apply and get an inquiry without getting approved for the card. My Husbands score run from 575-615. Do you think he'd get approved? Thanks for your help!

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ for me in NY.  Score was 630-ish.

I was approved for $1500, which was my highest CL at the time.
Message 19 of 24
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

TU/ 601  EX 612 EQ 587
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.