Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers

I have seen alot of activity about Kay on these forums so we decided to try on DH's - his EQU is not in horrid shape - there is one paid med coll that we are in the midst of trying to use HIPAA process on, and some old lates (all lates are over two yrs) - there are satisfactory accounts and good salary, long time on home ownership and length of job - and thought it might be good to do to offset some point drops for a recent $2k parents plus student loan for son's summer classes - this was the message we got:     

Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

everyone here seemed to be getting an instant decision, and I got an instant on a $500 limit Jared acct that i applied for in my name a couple of weeks ago (and my report has more adverse stuff than his - old but still adverse) so I was wondering if anyone had encountered this with Kay and whether this is a bad sign -

thanks! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers

I had gotten this same notification and was denied by mail. I think one other person had gotten the same reply however and they had just needed verification of some details. So I think it could be either one. It seems however-that if you had recieved a Jareds card that you would be approved for a Kay card. Aren't they owned by the same corporation?!?!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Jared - we did the Kay in my husband's name
Message 3 of 10
happy0510
Established Contributor

Can u give details on both your baddies? I want to apply for a Kay's as well but on this forum most people recommend applying in person.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

on my husband's, the baddies were a paid in full med collection, a charge off (2-3 yrs old) with a $65 balance, a paid in full charge off (that was showing up only in the revolving/closed section online and not in the negative section - not sure what is with that - and some very old lates - all other open accts and all closed accounts "paid as agreed" and utilization not perfect, but not that high -
Message 5 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

what was his fico score from equifax at the time of application?
2wheel
Message 6 of 10
westcon5
Valued Member

I applied to Jared first (both are handled by Sterling) and got the same message about 10 days ago. I called in the next day to get an update or to see if anything needed to be verified due to the CRA put fraud alerts on my files. The lady I spoke to said they were able to pull my CR but needed to verify identity. So, I drove the 75 miles one way to the closest store. They looked at my ID's, and utility bills only to tell me I was denied due to credit. They said they couldn't tell me anything more than that and to wait for the letter in the mail. Currently I have thin files, but my Fico's I pulled here are EQ 748 and TU 717. I am guessing it is because my accounts are relatively new, however, based on the other people on here, I decided to try. I mean, I have no baddies, never had a bankruptcy, just short history. I don't think I am going to ap. Kay since they seem to have the same results with most other people. I'll wait for a while.
Message 7 of 10
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

I app'd with Kay on 6/22 and was *shockingly* approved for $3,000.  They pulled my EQ which today was only 613.  The only recent baddie that I have on EQ is a CO that recently popped up from AFNI from 2005 which I am currently working on a DV with.  I do, however, have an average age of 6 years with my oldest revolving account being 13 years old...so that history is helping me.  All that I know is that Kay acct  (which has yet to report) is going to help my util alot!

9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was his fico score from equifax at the time of application?

2wheel

Have no idea - all I have right now are FAKO scores from TU & Exp - have been waiting for a little more progress before springing for the my fico scores -

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, we rec'd "THE LETTER" - they said they were "unable to authenticate" and "unable to verify employment" - so we wrote them a letter today asking for recon, including a photocopy of his DL, and a different phone number for employer where they could get a human operator and not an automated system and told them we would be happy to provide any further documentation for their review - we'll see...... figured it was worth a shot  - we already got the inquiry, so...........  
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.