Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers

tag
aaagirl
New Contributor

Kay Jewelers

I was just approved for 3k with Kay Jewelers yesterday, already open on their site, so if I ap at Jareds will they share the 3k and report separately as 3k?  Also, what has been everyones experience with their credit reporting?  How long before new TL showed up on reports?
Thanks in advance~
aaagirl1

11/05 FICO's
TU: 577
EXP: 562
EQ: 614
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers

I can answer the second part of your question.

I got my Kay account on 11/3, and they reported to all 3 as soon as the first statement cut on 11/23.

I did make a purchase on 11/14, so I don't know if that had anything to do with the speed with which they reported.  Interestingly enough, even though I made that purchase nine days before they reported, they are reporting $0 balance.  Maybe they will be like Amex and always report the balance one statement behind?  Not sure yet, but it will be interesting to see what they report next month.

ETA: Congrats on your approval!

Message Edited by cheddar on 11-28-2007 01:26 PM
Message 2 of 24
aaagirl
New Contributor

Thanks for the info cheddar!  Appreciate it!

aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy LOVES his Kay's cc! You may want to talk to him. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
orl2185
Established Contributor

aaagirl wrote:
I was just approved for 3k with Kay Jewelers yesterday, already open on their site, so if I ap at Jareds will they share the 3k and report separately as 3k?  Also, what has been everyones experience with their credit reporting?  How long before new TL showed up on reports?
Thanks in advance~
aaagirl1

11/05 FICO's
TU: 577
EXP: 562
EQ: 614

I have both of these cc... both report differently but cl is shared among accounts.
Message 5 of 24
aaagirl
New Contributor

When you say report differently, what does that mean exactly?  Do they each report half the total limit? Or, do they each report the max cli?

Thanks~
aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
Message 6 of 24
orl2185
Established Contributor

aaagirl wrote:
When you say report differently, what does that mean exactly?  Do they each report half the total limit? Or, do they each report the max cli?

Thanks~
aaagirl1

They both report individually with their own cl... 900 on both cards...  That is my total cl on both accounts.

If I check available credit, it is listed as same on both accounts.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried 2 times today to apply for a Kay Car and at the end it says system error...Tried it on 2 different computers...Maybe there system is down?

Message 8 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OMG... I don't know what I'm going to do with it but everyone kept saying they were approved and high cl... so I applied... got the message check back in hour processing...

THEY APPROVED!!! $1500!!!
Message 9 of 24
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

I went in today to get an engagement ring.

I had the band or whatever picked out ready to go.

I find a diamond I like and I brought my blue nile price list with me. Well all said and done they were asking $2719 out the door. I then told him about my blue nile list and how they are much cheaper bla bla bla. He then was like well you dont get this and that bla bla bla. He then said the most he could do was 10% off the diamond, a diamond that was worth maybe 1700 they were asking 2499.

So total I was looking at just over 2500 for the ring with tax. I asked him to eat the tax and give it to me for 2300. He said he couldnt do anything more than 10% off and that was it, no counter offer, didnt try to work with me, nothing. He just let me walk out of there, and I never told them I was preapproved with them or anything.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.