Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay credit Card question

tag
william23
Regular Contributor

Kay credit Card question

I recently applied for a credit card with Kay Jewelers and I got approved, now I like a ring at Jareds what are the chances of me getting approval for that one I head you can get shared credit lines or something like that is that true?!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kay credit Card question

@william23 wrote:

I recently applied for a credit card with Kay Jewelers and I got approved, now I like a ring at Jareds what are the chances of me getting approval for that one I head you can get shared credit lines or something like that is that true?!

If I had any idea what you mean by this I would be glad to try and help.  Smiley Happy

Can you please explain?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 12
william23
Regular Contributor

Well isn't Jared and Kay jewelers like same companies or something like that? I hear people that got approved for Kays credit card were also approved for Jareds with only one inquiry and they shared the credit lines?? I got the card like 2 weeks ago but I like a ring better a jareds Smiley Sad  Does that make sense?! 

Message 3 of 12
william23
Regular Contributor

Thanks  for your help Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@william23 wrote:

Well isn't Jared and Kay jewelers like same companies or something like that? I hear people that got approved for Kays credit card were also approved for Jareds with only one inquiry and they shared the credit lines?? I got the card like 2 weeks ago but I like a ring better a jareds Smiley Sad  Does that make sense?! 

Ah now I see.

But I have no idea if what you ask is possible.

LOL. I said I would try to help. I'm sorry I couldn't. I'm sure there are many here who can answer you though.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 12
william23
Regular Contributor

hahaha hopefully someone knows Smiley Sad 

Message 6 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

i know what you are talking about, but i don't know if they still do that or not.  we don't have a jared's here so i never looked into it.

Message 7 of 12
kysin2014
Contributor

My wife has both a Jared and a Kay Jeweler credit card and she has a shared credit line between them both.  The credit bureaus report the shared credit line as each of the cards which is better anyway.  I would definitely apply for the Jared credit card if you already have the Kay Jeweler card wish to purchase at Jared's.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
william23
Regular Contributor

Yay! someone knows! Should I call customer service first? I can't afford another inquiry have 6 already. only 3 recent. 

Message 9 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

i would call.  i don't know for sure, but i think that you can just use your kay card at jareds?  not sure.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.