cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay jeweler's! I was mad and applied and got approved!

tag
anemo
Contributor

Kay jeweler's! I was mad and applied and got approved!

I know I should be Happy and trust me I am, I just lost $4,400 TODAY CASH!!! Smiley Mad

I Repaired my credit and I knew I had the scores, don't need it but the High limit will help my scores even more. $5,1000 limit!!  In jewelry who needs that? They need to add a visa logo on it.  The reason why I'm mad ALSO is I got denied for a Sams Club account but got a account with Kay for $5,100 with the same credit on all CRA..  So I went on a applying spree But I need a Visa/MASTERCARD.  Anyone have any ideal with a 680 score on all three to apply with?

I know don't need all the iq so I stopped at 2, I'm done!!

Just venting but Kay seems like an easy card to get if you're over 550 credit score.  My current score from Equifax is 680..

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Kay jeweler's! I was mad and applied and got approved!

@anemo wrote:

I know I should be Happy and trust me I am, I just lost $4,400 TODAY CASH!!! Smiley Mad

I Repaired my credit and I knew I had the scores, don't need it but the High limit will help my scores even more. $5,1000 limit!!  In jewelry who needs that? They need to add a visa logo on it.  The reason why I'm mad ALSO is I got denied for a Sams Club account but got a account with Kay for $5,100 with the same credit on all CRA..  So I went on a applying spree But I need a Visa/MASTERCARD.  Anyone have any ideal with a 680 score on all three to apply with?

Just venting but Kay seems like an easy card to get if you're over 550 credit score.  My current score from Equifax is 680..

How did you loose $4400?

Have you tried calling Sams, you can ask for underwriting and talk to someone about a personal look at credit to approve you.

Capital One?

Best Buy MC?

Message 2 of 13
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Cap One

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 3 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@anemo wrote:

How did you loose $4400?

+1

Did I miss something here?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 13
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@anemo wrote:

FYI, I was denied Kays with a 674 (EQ) initially...apped 7 mos later with a few points higher and approved. It is a great builder card to add history.

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@anemo wrote:

FYI, I was denied Kays with a 674 (EQ) initially...apped 7 mos later with a few points higher and approved. It is a great builder card to add history.

what was reason for denial. I was approved 3k while in ch 13, then they realized I was in it still and they closed my account. the day it reported dismissed I applied again, right around 600 scores and was approved for 1500 because of debt ratio.

I have seen them approve way down to the 550 as poster said.

Message 6 of 13
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

@anemo wrote:

what was reason for denial. I was approved 3k while in ch 13, then they realized I was in it still and they closed my account. the day it reported dismissed I applied again, right around 600 scores and was approved for 1500 because of debt ratio.

I have seen them approve way down to the 550 as poster said.

Delinquencies (2) which were more than two years old. No idea why I was denied with the scores I had, but was denied on the spot (11/09) and approved in April (5 mos later) 2010.

Message 7 of 13
anemo
Contributor

I took it out the bank to go buy a table set and tv, I placed it in my IPAD carrying bag before going to the store. I went to the library AND LEFT IT! I raised hell more then hell itself!!! IPAD & $$.. My IPAD when turned on will be found, Money? Forget about it! Some asked why would you take it out the bank and not just use your debit card? The answer to that is that most banks except one I do have that the money was not in you can only charge/debit up to $1500 - $2k. My purchase was for $4,400. SAMSUNG LED 55", stand, blu-Ray player, and a massive table. Fidelity MY CASH ACCOUNT is the only bank I know of that you can charge up to $10k debit or credit per day. Oh I forgot HSBC ONLINE PAYMENT ACCOUNT. As for Kay, this company denied me a few months ago when my credit was being reported wrong and with a credit score of 530. So I knew I kind of wanted to get a little revenge with them when I got it right. I'm a big watch fan, I used to have a bad hobby with my spending. But it's been a while so I maybe buy a couple hundred dollar watch just to keep it open. The high limit card will help towards my goal of obtaining a $5k or more card maybe by the new yeAr once it's reports. My other cards are HSBC $300, $500 and $3k. Those small cards have to go! They are good for gas and a hot dog!

Message 8 of 13
anemo
Contributor

I'm going to call the Sams back door # in the morning.. The letter said because of accounts in collection. I have one open account in collection and any other I had says paid. Also it says currently in bankruptcy proceeding and my CH7 was discharged in 2005. And it said age of oldest account which is 5 years old. So go figure, maybe Kay really looked at it and saw I was debt free beside the $1k collection which is just on EQ which they pulled as Sams did. My other CR ARE DEBT FREE $0 balance.

Message 9 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Have you ever tried to get a Walmart cc, if you shop at Sam's Club you can use the Walmart card there as well, also with the Walmart card when you make a purchase and if you need a few bucks in your pocket that day walmart will give you up to $60.00 cash and it acts just like a purchase on your statement I have done this several times without a problem and have recieved cli's as scheduled without any problems.  Good Luck in calling Sam's Club today

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.