cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting Chase card offers in the mail . . .

tag
killnfool
Valued Member

Keep getting Chase card offers in the mail . . .

I keep getting progressively better various chase card pre-approval offers in the mail every few weeks. First a Chase Slate card, then Freedom card with 14.99% APR and an at least $500 min CL, and now another freedom card but with a 12.99%APR and $5000 min CL for "world" account or $500 CL for a platinum account. A few questions . . .

1. Do the Freedom cards get better terms than these that I should wait for?

2. What's a World account, and what are the perks over a platinum?

3. What are the perks of this card as far as travel insurance and rental insurance, etc.?

4. Should I wait and see if I get an offer for a Sapphire card, and is it a better card? What's the minimum starting CL with a Sapphire card?

5. Any chance I'll get an offer for an Amazon Rewards card since that's a chase card too? That's one I think I'd actually bite on depending on the perks and terms. What's the min CL on an Amazon card, and max CL people have gotten? Not worried about APR's too much since I always PIF each month, but I'm past wanting sub 1k CL cards. Anybody know about warranty/travel insurance/rental insurance/etc. perks for this card? Is it safe to assume I'd get approved for this card since Chase really seems to want me as a customer for one of their normal cards?

Ficos in the high 700's, no bad marks or anything, low utilization, PIF each month, etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keep getting Chase card offers in the mail . . .

I think you might want to just compare the cards by looking on their website. As far as cls ,you just never know with Chase
Message 2 of 5
killnfool
Valued Member

Yeah I've tried that but they didn't really address my questions.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@killnfool wrote:

I keep getting progressively better various chase card pre-approval offers in the mail every few weeks. First a Chase Slate card, then Freedom card with 14.99% APR and an at least $500 min CL, and now another freedom card but with a 12.99%APR and $5000 min CL for "world" account or $500 CL for a platinum account. A few questions . . .

1. Do the Freedom cards get better terms than these that I should wait for?

2. What's a World account, and what are the perks over a platinum?

3. What are the perks of this card as far as travel insurance and rental insurance, etc.?

4. Should I wait and see if I get an offer for a Sapphire card, and is it a better card? What's the minimum starting CL with a Sapphire card?

5. Any chance I'll get an offer for an Amazon Rewards card since that's a chase card too? That's one I think I'd actually bite on depending on the perks and terms.

What's the min CL on an Amazon card, and max CL people have gotten? Not worried about APR's too much since I always PIF each month, but I'm past wanting sub 1k CL cards. Anybody know about warranty/travel insurance/rental insurance/etc. perks for this card? Is it safe to assume I'd get approved for this card since Chase really seems to want me as a customer for one of their normal cards?

Ficos in the high 700's, no bad marks or anything, low utilization, PIF each month, etc.

The banks and CCCs look at other information too, not only those.   Those are just part of it for them to make a decision.

Message 4 of 5
killnfool
Valued Member

Yeah I know. I just threw it in there because I was sure somebody would ask. I know I qualify for the cards, I just need some details answered about them before I could pull the trigger on one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.