cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a CC active? - What activity is sufficient? How to avoid CLD or other unwanted actions?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Keeping a CC active? - What activity is sufficient? How to avoid CLD or other unwanted actions?

AA= Adverse Action

DW= Dear Wife

DH= Dear Husband

Here are some more Abbreviations.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 21
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Keeping a CC active? - What activity is sufficient? How to avoid CLD or other unwanted actions?

Thanks for posting this. Oh my god, I have to spend the next hour digesting all these acronyms. I feel like an old fogy.

Message 12 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

fwiw, I have a lot of high-limit cards: $18K on BofA, $27K on USAA (was once $30K before I shifted things around), $10K on another USAA, $20-something K on PenFed, etc etc. I have never had any problem at all with relatively low usage. I have way more credit available in terms of total limits --somewhere in the $150K range --than is justified by either my income or usage. But there it is.

My theory is that if you keep your head down and fly under the radar, they won't notice you, and you'll be fine. In other words, don't call CS. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 21
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

My theory is that if you keep your head down and fly under the radar, they won't notice you, and you'll be fine. In other words, don't call CS. Smiley Wink

That I will print out, frame and put it up above my bed. Wise words, especially the last part, haha!

Message 14 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@wollepopolle wrote:

Thanks for posting this. Oh my god, I have to spend the next hour digesting all these acronyms. I feel like an old fogy.

Just to add (don't remember what's on the list), there are also things like DD (dear daughter), DS (dear son), DSILTBIH (dear son-in-law-to-be I hope), and DXH (dear ex-husband.) Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 21
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

LOL @Haulling. 

The only acronym I dislike is the YMMV - Your mileage may vary.  I never liked that expression. I hear it in the corporate world so much and It irritates me for some reason! It's a corporate-ism Smiley Wink Like..."Let's touch base." "Reach out." "Circle back." Smiley Wink

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 16 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

One on my old cards (gas) needed to be used every 6 months otherwise it would be closed.

As for the rest, I put utilities, phone, internet, TV, charitable deductions etc on all of them so I know exactly how much goes out every month.  For example, my $8.5K Chase card pays for Netflix and that is all every month!  No problem yet

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wollepopolle,

Cheers on two accounts.  I've often pondered your original question.  I wonder if an AA is due to subjectivity or something more like a math equation.  If the latter, I'd like to know what's sufficient for stewarding an account that will stay open.  If you hear anything outside of this post, please share with me Smiley Happy.

Kudos also on asking about the acronyms.  I literally spent five minutes on wikipedia and such looking for "AA".  Then I saw you asking that question as well haha.  Glad to learn, and I had no idea that DH and DW meant Dear Husband and Dear Wife!  Thanks for the help Marinevet -sic.-

Message 18 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wollepopolle,

Cheers on two accounts.  I've often pondered your original question.  I wonder if an AA is due to subjectivity or something more like a math equation.  If the latter, I'd like to know what's sufficient for stewarding an account that will stay open.  If you hear anything outside of this post, please share with me Smiley Happy.

Kudos also on asking about the acronyms.  I literally spent five minutes on wikipedia and such looking for "AA".  Then I saw you asking that question as well haha.  Glad to learn, and I had no idea that DH and DW meant Dear Husband and Dear Wife!  Thanks for the help Marinevet -sic.-

The search option here onsite can be used to find MUCH information. I use it every day it seems like. Just a tip for future thought.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 19 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

-- and since we invent a lot of our own abbreviations, I'll bet that wiki hasn't caught up with us yet!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.