Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping track of your card's benefits

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Keeping track of your card's benefits

I've never really thought much of my card's benefits. Maybe too much work to keep track of multiple cards. But things like rental car insurance, extended warranties and other benefits can come in handy so I'd like to change my ways. Do you have an easy way of keeping track of the benefits for all of your cards?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Re: Keeping track of your card's benefits

Chase and Amex list their benefits in the mobile app so they can easily be found with those issuers.

Message 2 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

The fewer cards you rely on for benefits, the easier it will be to keep track of their current benefits, as well as future changes.

I also suggest you do some research to find out what experiences others have had. The time you need to spend organizing documents to support a claim can be significant with some lenders, reducing the economic value of the benefit.

I wish Costco still took Amex...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

This is a really good question; and even though I only have four credit cards, I have no idea what additional benefits each one has.

I guess I have some studying to do in order to bring myself up to speed. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 21
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

@sourpuss29 wrote:

This is a really good question; and even though I only have four credit cards, I have no idea what additional benefits each one has.

I guess I have some studying to do in order to bring myself up to speed. Smiley Very Happy

I know chase cards are loaded with extra benefits but I've never had to use them. Same with Amex. Anyone who has used them know how chase and Amex compare on this?

Message 5 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

I know chase cards are loaded with extra benefits but I've never had to use them. Same with Amex. Anyone who has used them know how chase and Amex compare on this?

Since Chase Freedom Flex WEMC and Amex BCE are two of the cards I have, I DEFINITELY need to compare and contrast the benefiits with my Navy cashRewards Visa. (I also have the Citi Custom Cash, but that card isn't currently a part of my rotation.)

Message 6 of 21
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

@sourpuss29 wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

Since Chase Freedom Flex WEMC and Amex BCE are two of the cards I have, I DEFINITELY need to compare and contrast the benefiits with my Navy cashRewards Visa. (I also have the Citi Custom Cash, but that card isn't currently a part of my rotation.)

I think citi stripped all their extra benefits several years back?

Message 7 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Interesting. Does this apply to all of their cards or just the lower tier ones?

Message 8 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@sourpuss29 wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

Citi took away most of the benefits a few years ago. Costco and one or two others kept an extended warranty, but even that is expected (not sure if confirmed) to be going away for new purchases in January. Higher-tier (higher fee) cards are/were hit just as badly.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@sourpuss29 wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Citi took away most of the benefits a few years ago. Costco and one or two others kept an extended warranty, but even that is expected (not sure if confirmed) to be going away for new purchases in January. Higher-tier (higher fee) cards are/were hit just as badly.

So beyond the points and whatnot, this translates into their cards not being good for anything else.

How ridiculous.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.