Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyBank Mastercard No Hard Pull!!!

tag
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: KeyBank Mastercard No Hard Pull!!!

@mxp114 wrote:

What info do they get from a soft? Never knew the difference.

Softs shows general information that COULD generate an approval - address, date of birth, number of trade lines, utilization distribution, and whether there are negatives or not. However, it won't show specific limits, specific negatives on one's report, etc. Just a basic idea.

Hards show everything.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 11 of 24
insidious28
New Contributor

No baddies on my report. 

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I would think it could be possible for the hard pull to show up in a day or two.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 13 of 24
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I would think it could be possible for the hard pull to show up in a day or two.

Depends on what they pulled.

EX and EQ are instant. TU usually has a weird delay. My bank doesn't use them primarily, so I don't have much hands on experience with them.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 14 of 24
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hi, Did  a hard pull for Key Bank ever show up?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 15 of 24
insidious28
New Contributor

I was looking at all my credit reporst and nope ho hard pull from Key Bank.  That is weird cause once I got my card they had my experian Fico of 729 and other stuff stating what was hurting my credit score.  I think they all state what's hurting your credit score though.

Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)

Message 16 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just applied for the card and it didn't get instantly approved. I will hear it within 7 to 10 business days. It showed up immediately on my Experian as hard inquiry. Don't worry about it. I wanted the card anyway. 

Ron.

Message 17 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

The only place i have seen Key Bank is in portland maine.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

The only place i have seen Key Bank is in portland maine.

They're prominent here in central Indiana.

Message 19 of 24
insidious28
New Contributor

Ron1,

I wouldn't worry about it cause I think Key is backed by Elan Financial Services cause I got the same message.  I think they have to forward your application to Elan Financial Services to get approved.  2 weeks after my application I got an alert from Experian about a new account added to my report.  I checked it and it was Elan Financial Services with a limit of 7000.00 and a week after that I had my card in the mail.  So I would expect the same for you.  Elan is very generous with their starting credit lines.  After 6 months I will be asking for double my credit line.  We'll see what happensSmiley Happy  By the way are they still offering 0% APR on purchases and BT for 6 months? Cause that's what I got.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.