Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CC New look

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Kohls CC New look

My mother got an envelope from Kohls which was weird since her card is a $0, so I open it and I see a new Kohls card. They gave it a makeover and I personally think it looks like a gift card rather than a CC, I wonder if they are still gonna have the MVC status?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Kohls CC New look

Its all colorful(yes colorful) With "KOHLS" right in front of it and has "expect great things" with youyr acct. # and name right under "KOHLS" Its also transparent.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 2 of 20
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Source: Employee 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 3 of 20
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Oh goodie...although I don't have that card and have no need for it, it always reminded me of a discount card with that silly barcode!

Message 4 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nursepower wrote:

+1

This is what I heard as well...

Message 5 of 20
missjae
Established Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I hate that barcode.  I always go to swipe my card and then remember I have to hand it to the cashier lol.

Message 6 of 20
Anf_dude
Contributor

Was There The Other Day And Didn't Know My Sister Had That Card. Was Disappointed In The Ugly Look Of It (Old Red One Now) And A BARCODE.? Wow.
Message 7 of 20
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

They were telling me about the new cards the other week when i was in my local store. I hope that I receive my new card soon cause my old one is ancient.

Message 8 of 20
tcbofade
Super Contributor

We got the new colorful transparent silly looking cards too.

DW thinks it's all kinds of cool, I think it's just silly.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 20
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yes it is kinda silly^, are CLI hp or sp since it looks like they have been giving them out.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.