Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CLI Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls CLI Confusion

I've had a Kohls card since Fall 2015 with a limit of $300. I requested a CLI online and received a letter stating: "We regret we are unable to increase your credit line at this time, due to the following reason: Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable." 

Ok. I assume this is because I have a freeze on my reports. But further down the page, it states that: "We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency (Experian) and used it in making our credit decision. It then lists my "score" and says the scale runs from 501 to 990. 

1. If they can't access my report, how were they able to access my credit score? 

2. Isn't a freeze supposed to stop disclosure of such information anyway?

I contact Kohls CLI department today and they couldn't answer how this could happen either.  Instructed me to contact Experian.  Smiley Mad 

The rep did inform me that a Kohls CLI could be a HP or SP. The "system" determines which one to use. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls CLI Confusion

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had a Kohls card since Fall 2015 with a limit of $300. I requested a CLI online and received a letter stating: "We regret we are unable to increase your credit line at this time, due to the following reason: Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable." 

Ok. I assume this is because I have a freeze on my reports. But further down the page, it states that: "We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency (Experian) and used it in making our credit decision. It then lists my "score" and says the scale runs from 501 to 990. 

1. If they can't access my report, how were they able to access my credit score? 

2. Isn't a freeze supposed to stop disclosure of such information anyway?

I contact Kohls CLI department today and they couldn't answer how this could happen either.  Instructed me to contact Experian.  Smiley Mad 

When you applied for Kohl's orginally, did they pull EX for you?  Or EQ?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EX, but the date of this score was the date I submitted the CLI. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled EX, but the date of this score was the date I submitted the CLI. 

Thanks for replying.  I just wondered if they use the same score, but if they had the date of the increase, maybe not.  At the time of my increases, I didn't have my reports frozen, but it was a SP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.