Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls/Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls/Capital One

I just got an alert on myfico for my Kohls account. It's now being reported as Kohls/Capital One instead of Kohls/Chase. Does anyone know when this change happened?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Kohls/Capital One

Pretty recently, I think. There's some discussion about it on this thread.

Pleeeeeease tell me that it kept the original opening date and history??

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kohls/Capital One

Yep!  They did.  Mine is still reporting as opened 10/2009.

Only thing that changed was Name/Address.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's/Capital One

It is still reporting with the original opening date thank goodness! It just caught me off guard when it showed up as Cap1. I didn't know if it was a mistake or if they switched from chase. I wonder if they'll still do a hard pull for a CLI

Message 4 of 7
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Has anyone requested a credit line increase since the acquisition of CapOne?  If so, what is the process? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested one yesterday. They asked for income and permission to pull credit. I went through with and received an increase of $100. I'm assuming it was a hard pull but I haven't received an alert yet. If I do I'll let you know. When it was backed by Chase they did a hard AND denied me Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 7
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Funny you responded to this thread...I just called last night and asked what the process was.  They said they ask for annual income and DO pull a hard report.  I smiled and declined to proceed.  You would think they would be happy to increase store cards with an APR of 21.9%!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.