Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to TDBank

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Kudos to TDBank

Last year after a few fits and starts following the discharge of my Chapter 13, I finally got smart and opened a secured TDCash card from TDBank with a credit limit of $5,000.  In TD's documentation circa June 2020, it said the secured card would be a generic "Visa" (sometimes referred to as a Platinum Visa), however, the documentation for the unsecured card suggested all TDCash cards with a limit of $5,000 or more would be "Signature Visa" cards.  Unsaid in any of the documentation is what happens to secured cards with a $5,000 limit which graduate to unsecured.

My card graduated the first week of January, exactly six months after my first charge, and good news for me, it kept the same limit I'd originally applied for.  What I found curious was there was never any communique from TDBank suggesting I'd also been graduated up to a Signature class Visa.  Today I happened to be in my local TD branch on a different matter and asked one of the managers what class my card was considered; he took my card from me, looked it up, and said, "This is wrong, it should be a Signature Visa; if you have a couple of minutes, I'll print a new one for you."  Sure enough, not four minutes later I had a new Signature card in hand ready for my, ummm, "signature" as it were.  I'm thinking having full-service branches which can do instant credit card replacements and such is one of the lesser known benefits of banking with TD, but certainly handy when you need such a service.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: Kudos to TDBank

They print credit cards in branch?  I only thought it was debit cards.  "TD the most convenient bank"  They weren't kidding about their motto.  I have been banking with TD Bank for a very long time, but it gets difficult when you're out of the northeast.  Ironically, it's very convenient when going to Canada.  I may be switching to Charles Schwab for my every day checking.  Already have that account set up and already got the checks and debit card.

Message 2 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

They print new cards in branch??

I'm aware of the systems used and high security requirements so I find that truly fascinating.  Maybe the rules are different in Canada.

Message 3 of 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Yup, they have a stock of all of their cards in every branch; very convenient.  In addition, I am fortunate enough to be able to qualify for free Beyond Checking, and all of the extra benefits that account type provides makes their checking account quite attractive.

Message 4 of 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I'm aware of the systems used and high security requirements so I find that truly fascinating.  Maybe the rules are different in Canada.

I'm in the U.S.A., New Hampshire to be specific.  Exactly which high security requirements are you concerned about?

Message 5 of 8
jcooks
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I just referenced how easy it is if you visit Canada, you can withdraw with no fee. 

TD = Toronto Dominion or Toronto's Dominion one of the 2

It is Canadian

Message 6 of 8
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

That's awesome that they were able to print a credit card in branch, most banks and CUs are limited to debit. Glad you got the upgrade to Signature.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Post announcing increase along with resultant "congrats" has been moved to approvals 

It can be found here  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.