Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL Credit One

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: LOL Credit One

I had a Credit One card while I was rebuilding.  At the time, it was acceptable as a bottom of the barrel card, since they gave free CLIs.  After the CARD Act passed, however, they started charging $19.95 per CLI to make up for the fact that they couldn't charge for online payments anymore.  (Of course, I avoided the online payment charge by paying-by-mail.)  I'm so glad those days are behind me.  Keep up the good work and, before you know it, you'll have this card in your rearview mirror as well.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 26
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I love you guys already!

Not only do I get the card, I also get a statement with the annual fee already posted! It's since reported to CRAs...bastids...I wanted to pay you off so it'd report zero!

Make sure you check your bill monthly otherwise they might charge for some stupid crap.....Its a Cap one + Credit one = Crappie One........They probably brother and sister......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Message 12 of 26
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

if you do a little research you will actually find that credit one is owned by a collection agency... it's one of my first credit cards, i called to cancel it last week and they waived the annual fee for a year... i guess i'll keep it to have the extra 1200 in available credit

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 26
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

if you do a little research you will actually find that credit one is owned by a collection agency... it's one of my first credit cards, i called to cancel it last week and they waived the annual fee for a year... i guess i'll keep it to have the extra 1200 in available credit

interesting what collection you talking about ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Message 14 of 26
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Sherman Financial Group, LLC.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 26
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I wasn't pre-approved on theit website until recently, luckily got approved at NFCU and came to my senses before I took it lol

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 26
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Well Scott, I agree. But if someone is sending me something from what looks like one of my banks, (let's say 5/3, but they use 5/2 and look a lot like 5/3) you can bet they are trying to profit off of the other companie's success. There have been big law suits (won) from that kind of behaviour.

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 17 of 26
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

I am very interested in how you have such high credit limits on CC's. I started with scores way higher and my CL's are 400, 300, 250 : /

Good job. Can you give me some advice ha

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 18 of 26
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

@ Razeus

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 19 of 26
john398
Senior Contributor

There logo looks so similar to Capital 1

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.