Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL @ First Premier

tag
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: LOL @ First Premier

I will also close just before the anniversary.  FP are obnoxious but as others have said, may serve a purpose in initial stages of recovery.  I have an 8K NFCU limit now, and hope my USAA secured will unsecure late this year.

Another new FP trick - when I went online to check balance to pay before the statement cuts, I got a popup saying that based on my record I could apply for a second card - no thanks FP!

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
ricefed
Contributor

Coldness thats the one lol. At first i thought it was a birthday invitation. I didn't even see the interest rate. I was to busy laughing at the anual fee lol.

NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chasmith wrote:

I will also close just before the anniversary.  FP are obnoxious but as others have said, may serve a purpose in initial stages of recovery.  I have an 8K NFCU limit now, and hope my USAA secured will unsecure late this year.

Another new FP trick - when I went online to check balance to pay before the statement cuts, I got a popup saying that based on my record I could apply for a second card - no thanks FP!

With another $175 annual fee?   Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chasmith wrote:

With another $175 annual fee?   Smiley Surprised

Offcourse Smiley Wink

Actually they may be really nice and waive off 25% of the AF on new card for 1 year.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any issues when trying to cancel the FP card?  I called to close my account a couple of months ago and the CSR seemed stunned that I would have the audacity to do so.  She gave me some shpiel about not knowing of any other product that could help someone in my situation like the FP card, and when I told her that I know had several cards with higher limits and lower rates, she became openly hostile and tried repeating the same story.  I thought of asking for a supervisor to file a complaint, but instead decided to bait her for a few minutes before getting bored.  

Contrast that with when I closed the First Savings CC a few weeks ago.  After asking me why I wanted to cancel and then politely declining their offer of better terms, the CSR congratulated me for improving my credit and was completely understanding and cordial the entire time.  It was a complete 180 in terms of customer experience. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had any issues when trying to cancel the FP card?  I called to close my account a couple of months ago and the CSR seemed stunned that I would have the audacity to do so.  She gave me some shpiel about not knowing of any other product that could help someone in my situation like the FP card, and when I told her that I know had several cards with higher limits and lower rates, she became openly hostile and tried repeating the same story.  I thought of asking for a supervisor to file a complaint, but instead decided to bait her for a few minutes before getting bored.  

Contrast that with when I closed the First Savings CC a few weeks ago.  After asking me why I wanted to cancel and then politely declining their offer of better terms, the CSR congratulated me for improving my credit and was completely understanding and cordial the entire time.  It was a complete 180 in terms of customer experience. 

Maybe FP is feeling stressed with all the negative publicity they have been getting and the fact that now there are much better alternatives to FP on the market.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Background: I am currently using my Discover/Amex/Citi card for most everything.. FP card for both me and my girlfriend have been paid off now for 6+ months.

I called today to seriously close the account even know I have been saying wait till September over and over again in my head.. so the rep said she would credit the $7.00 monthly fee till September for both me and my girlfriend.. girlfriend was right there and handed her the phone so she could verify her account and get the same credit. I don't feel bad because I have paid this fee for 1 1/2 years + the AF of $48.00 = $174 X2 (girlfriend) grand total $348 not counting the CLI fee's and interest. Were still closing our account in September.. just nice of FP to pay for the last 5 months of credit reporting 0.00 as active before we close.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.