cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL - Hooters closed my card - beat me to the punch!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - Hooters closed my card - beat me to the punch!

I was planning on closing the card since it only had a $500 limit.  It has been sock-drawered for about a year - I was planning on calling next week to close it myself. 

I guess they figure I may go wild and charge up to the max - LOL - wouldn't want to expose themselves to a $500 loss.

At least it shows as "closed at consumer request".  

Good riddances to bad rubbish  :-)

Edited to add: I lost 1 point on my EQ (via Scorewatch)... 

Message Edited by techno-pagan on 08-01-2009 11:52 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL - Hooters closed my card - beat me to the punch!

Yea, I also received a Sorewatch alert on yesterday stating that Hooters had closed my account as well.  I activated this card about a year ago and had never used it. I don't think I would have used it anyhow, I just applied because I heard that they were generous with CL.  It will bring my utilization up slightly but I offset it by getting a guideline increase with my Macy's Visa.  Smiley Happy 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea, I also received a Sorewatch alert on yesterday stating that Hooters had closed my account as well.  I activated this card about a year ago and had never used it. I don't think I would have used it anyhow, I just applied because I heard that they were generous with CL.  It will bring my utilization up slightly but I offset it by getting a guideline increase with my Macy's Visa.  Smiley Happy 
I will miss the Hooters magazine though... 

Message 3 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

That's nice of them to tote up disuse as "consumer request". It's fair even if it doesn't make any difference.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.