Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments and Future CLI?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Late Payments and Future CLI?

So I log onto my amazon store card account, and I notice a LATE FEE, turns out I made the payment right after my statement cut, and because it was right after it didn't apply to it (such BS), so I got them to void the fee but how will this effect future CLIs? I was hoping to get one every 4 months, is that dream gone now Smiley Sad?

(Mod edit - I edited your headline to make it less provocative and more indicative of your topic.  --SE)

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re:

Might hurt you temporarily, but I doubt it'll blacklist you indefinitely. It happens. Try chatting with them and asking.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Late Payments and Future CLI?

@willwar14 wrote:

So I log onto my amazon store card account, and I notice a LATE FEE, turns out I made the payment right after my statement cut, and because it was right after it didn't apply to it (such BS), so I got them to void the fee but how will this effect future CLIs? I was hoping to get one every 4 months, is that dream gone now Smiley Sad?

Nobody knows for sure (other than the folks at Synchrony), but I suspect it might hamper your getting 'auto-luv' for a little while.  Even though they gave you a courtesy credit for the late fee, as far as their system is concerned you were still late.

All is not lost, though... this was really minor, and I doubt you'll have any problems getting a CLI in a few months if you go through Credit Solutions.  I suspect the impact of the late payment will be limited to either six or 12 months; afterwards you'll probably be fine for auto-CLIs again.

Don't sweat it... stuff like this just happens sometimes.  In the 'big picture' (even credit-wise) it's nothing but a minor glitch.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The OP doesn't make sense to me.  Even if the payment was applied after the statement cut it would be well before the due date.  How did it end up late?

As stated above, we have no idea.  We're not Synchrony underwriters.  It probably doesn't help but that's about all we can say.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my first payment was scheduled, I knew I was good for credit, then I checked my account and it didn't go through. I had missed a number when inputting my bank (edited for spelling) account. I called them right away and asked what I could do. She walked me through the change and removed the late notice. It never showed on my account after that. I check my accounts every day so that day it was a good thing. Good luck with your call.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.