Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late with Chase

tag
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

Late with Chase

I have the regular Chase Sapphire and my due date was yesterday but I completely forgot to pay (I don't normally let a balance report, but $41 posted on my account and the statement was already generated). They charged me a $25 Late fee but I paid my account in full today.

Aside from the fee, how else can being 1 day late affect me?

This is my 5th statement so I was hoping for a CLI next month on the 6th statement, do you think it could still happen?

Do this affect my credit in any way?

All advise is appreciated, thanks!

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Late with Chase

@Apinzon2374 wrote:

I have the regular Chase Sapphire and my due date was yesterday but I completely forgot to pay (I don't normally let a balance report, but $41 posted on my account and the statement was already generated). They charged me a $25 Late fee but I paid my account in full today.

This is my 5th statement so I was hoping for a CLI next month on the 6th statement, do you think it could still happen?

You weren't 30 days late, so nothing in terms of payment history. I'm sure that your internal score dropped with Chase a bit.

Curious, did you try calling a CSR and trying to negiotiate a waiver of the fee? How long has this account been open?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 5
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

I was one day late, I called and they waived fee.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 5
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Apinzon2374 wrote:

i was one day late with a chase payment once

i called right away and they waived the late charge and they didn't raise my APR  (9.74%)

that spurred me to set up auto-pay for the minimum amt due (on all my accts!)

Message 4 of 5
mrlh1980
Contributor

To prevent this from happening again have all your payments due dates sync to the same day. For insistence all 13 of my accounts are due either on the 5, 6 or 7 of each month. But I know to make the payments to all of them on the 3rd of each month. I find it very easy to go down the list and hit pay current balance.

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.