Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest CareCredit MC Promo

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Latest CareCredit MC Promo

CareCredit has been consistently offering spend bonuses for a few months now, and here's the latest:

CareCreditAug2020A.png

CareCreditAug2020B.png

They aren't quite as fast to credit the bonus points as some banks, but so far I've always received the points I was due so I'll be doing this one as well.  They give 2x points for grocery stores which for me includes Walmart, so this works out well.

When I was offered the upgrade from the PLCC to the MasterCard I strongly considered not taking it (since it 'counted' as a new account) but I continue to be pleased that I did. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Latest CareCredit MC Promo

@UncleB wrote:

CareCredit has been consistently offering spend bonuses for a few months now, and here's the latest:

CareCreditAug2020A.png

CareCreditAug2020B.png

They aren't quite as fast to credit the bonus points as some banks, but so far I've always received the points I was due so I'll be doing this one as well.  They give 2x points for grocery stores which for me includes Walmart, so this works out well.

When I was offered the upgrade from the PLCC to the MasterCard I strongly considered not taking it (since it 'counted' as a new account) but I continue to be pleased that I did. Smiley Happy

Hi UB, 

that's pretty cool. Quite honestly I didn't know it converted to a MC. 🤷 I've used it for some meds(chips and a drink😉) I needed at Walgreen's. Of course, I have the "no frills" version. Wonder how long and what profile needs to look like to convert??

thanks and congrats on the bonuses.👍

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

I recently got a $50 for $500 offer on the store version of this card. I took advantage of a $25 on on $250 offer they sent me recently (waiting for my statement credit) with a vet bill. I can't think of anyway to spend $500 on the store card right now so I won't be using the new offer. 

Message 3 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

CareCreditAug2020A.png

CareCreditAug2020B.png

Hi UB, 

that's pretty cool. Quite honestly I didn't know it converted to a MC. 🤷 I've used it for some meds(chips and a drink😉) I needed at Walgreen's. Of course, I have the "no frills" version. Wonder how long and what profile needs to look like to convert??

I❤️NY

I'm honestly not sure myself... they seem to offer the upgrades sporadically.  At one time it was thought that they were going by state/region, but I don't know if there was anything to that.

It was a new account 'hit' at the time (which was annoying since I was trying to get below 5/24 back then) but I'm glad I took the plunge.  In the last year or so I've earned nearly as much from these miscellaneous spend bonuses as many new card/account bonuses. Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 8
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

CareCreditAug2020A.png

CareCreditAug2020B.png

Hi UB, 

I❤️NY

I'm honestly not sure myself... they seem to offer the upgrades sporadically.  At one time it was thought that they were going by state/region, but I don't know if there was anything to that.

It was a new account 'hit' at the time (which was annoying since I was trying to get below 5/24 back then) but I'm glad I took the plunge.  In the last year or so I've earned nearly as much from these miscellaneous spend bonuses as many new card/account bonuses. Smiley Surprised

That's pretty awesome(except the new account part-dirty rats🤣) 👍

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I got this email after I paid for vet services (about $1300) using CareCredit on the 4th.   The email says August 1st through September 30th, and we didn't have to do anything to "opt-in", so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I get those 5,000 points!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I got this email after I paid for vet services (about $1300) using CareCredit on the 4th.   The email says August 1st through September 30th, and we didn't have to do anything to "opt-in", so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I get those 5,000 points!

Same here with the fingers-crossed!  Smiley Very Happy

So far I've always received the points (even if it takes a while) and I'm hoping that trend continues! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I received the 50 for 500 on my store card version, right before my dental visit Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.