cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest info on USAA CC's after BK in which they weren't included?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Latest info on USAA CC's after BK in which they weren't included?

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, I believe BK has to be off your CRs before they can consider, unless their BK policy has changed.

I recall @pizza1 having some DPs on USAA, but don't know how long ago or recent those were.

7 years is their policy, and they completely wipe the slate clean from their system. I had "heard" of someone who got in after 5 years, but was skeptical, so 5-7 yrs post DC.  I have been trying for the past 2 years and Im instantly declined every time, and immediately counter offered the secured card, which I decline. I still try though, lol..

@pizza1 definitely has the scoop on USAA!  Smiley Very Happy

Just to clarify, is the seven-year wait just for those who included USAA in BK, or is that for anybody in general with a BK but who didn't include USAA?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, I believe BK has to be off your CRs before they can consider, unless their BK policy has changed.

I recall @pizza1 having some DPs on USAA, but don't know how long ago or recent those were.

7 years is their policy, and they completely wipe the slate clean from their system. I had "heard" of someone who got in after 5 years, but was skeptical, so 5-7 yrs post DC.  I have been trying for the past 2 years and Im instantly declined every time, and immediately counter offered the secured card, which I decline. I still try though, lol..

@pizza1 definitely has the scoop on USAA!  Smiley Very Happy

Just to clarify, is the seven-year wait just for those who included USAA in BK, or is that for anybody in general with a BK but who didn't include USAA?

I'd like to know that myself. If it applies to all people with BK's, then I'll have to wait until late 2021.

Message 12 of 16
cooter1

I can tell you that I filed Chapter 13 (8/13/12) I was discharged on (2/12/18) will sit on report until (8/13/19). I applied last week and was approved for a Visa with $1000. I know you did Chapter 7, hopefully it will work out in your favor.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cooter1 wrote:

I can tell you that I filed Chapter 13 (8/13/12) I was discharged on (2/12/18) will sit on report until (8/13/19). I applied last week and was approved for a Visa with $1000. I know you did Chapter 7, hopefully it will work out in your favor.

Thanks. Looks like you got in at the 6-year mark for Chapter 13, did you previously have a credit card with USAA?

Message 14 of 16
cooter1

No just auto insurance. I also applied with PenFed the same day and was approved for a 7500 visa and a 500 overdraft. My scores were Eq-648, Trans-648, Ex-619

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have auto and renter's insurance through USAA too. They weren't affected by my bankruptcy, which is a Good Thing because I'm given to understand that USAA was formerly in the habit of kicking you out of your insurance policies once they found out you had filed BK.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.