Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Law Mandating Which CRA the Bank Will Pull

tag
Established Contributor

Re: Law Mandating Which CRA the Bank Will Pull

@DI wrote:

Do you all think there should be a law that mandate creditors to disclose which CRA they will pull during the application process?  The name of the credit bureau should be listed on each application for credit.  Many of us already been able to figure it out with some creditors by sharing who pulled what through various forums.

I know passing this type of law may cause more creditors to pull all 3 reports.  But I think it will better serve consumers if we know beforehand which credit report the bank will pull. 

No

Each time congress passes a new law there seems to be unintended negative consequences associated with that new law.

Message 31 of 47
Established Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Well, O6 is stating an opinion. However, his opinion is based upon enough knowlege and experience that you can consider that it is fact. In other words, it is an extremenly good opinion based upon extensive knowledge of the laws and the way the law works at the federal level.

Anyone else who is an attorney and has the experience and discipline required to be an O6?

Not me!Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 47
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Well, O6 is stating an opinion. However, his opinion is based upon enough knowlege and experience that you can consider that it is fact. In other words, it is an extremenly good opinion based upon extensive knowledge of the laws and the way the law works at the federal level.

Anyone else who is an attorney and has the experience and discipline required to be an O6?

PLEASE tell me this isn't going to be a place attorneys are going to start hanging out in.  Smiley Sad

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 33 of 47
DI
Super Contributor

Reminder: 

We all have opinions about various subjects and lively debate is welcomed and encouraged but even if you strongly disagree with someone remember that your opinion doesn't make them wrong and vise versa. They have as much right to express themselves as you do.

Disagree all you want but I remind everyone to be friendly, supportive, and respectful.

Message 34 of 47
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

Reminder: 

We all have opinions about various subjects and lively debate is welcomed and encouraged but even if you strongly disagree with someone remember that your opinion doesn't make them wrong and vise versa. They have as much right to express themselves as you do.

Disagree all you want but I remind everyone to be friendly, supportive, and respectful.

( cough )  kind of like ethics?

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 47
DI
Super Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@DI wrote:

Reminder: 

( cough )  kind of like ethics?

Exactly.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

at some point you become too invested in an online forum and its better to take a few days off and see the trees.

As I used to tell my Marines- if you are stuck in the Barracks at 29 palms, and you are chatting with someone who lives in a "real" city and supposedly has their own car and life and such and supposed super model looks...but is on the computer all the time as much as you in your bordom are...there is something wrong.

Message 38 of 47
veracious
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

at some point you become too invested in an online forum and its better to take a few days off see the trees.

As I used to tell my Marines- if you are stuck in the Barracks at 29 palms, and you are chatting with someone who lives in a "real" city and supposedly has their own car and such and super model looks...but is on the computer all the time as much as you in your bordom are...there is something wrong.

+1  Reminds me of a person named adroomi on a completely different forum.

The guy was everywhere and did everything, how did he find time to post about the broad general discussions found on an internet forum.Smiley Happy

DI
Super Contributor

Speaking for myself,  the majority of the times, I'm not accessing the website from a computer.  I access it from my BlackBerry.  And on days when I'm on this site throughout the day,  I'm usually at work for 8 hours. 

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.