cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LazBoy Store Card credit impact

tag
axman

LazBoy Store Card credit impact

I should have known better. When I was at the furniture store I got talked into signing up for store credit. 12 month no interest and not impacting my cashflow sounded like a good idea at the time. Of course, the word Synchrony on the application machine should have been a warning. Anyway, I applied for store credit not realizing that I was actually getting a freaking credit card. The impact on my credit was bad - an average drop of 24 points on all three credit bureaus. Now my question is - will actually using the credit impact my score even more? If so I might as well toss it and write this off to experience and stupid tax. If not I may at least reap some benefit from it.  Thanks for y'alls input

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: LazBoy Store Card credit impact

You already took the hit, most likely due to the inquiry and/or AAoA drop. May as well use it. The only way to further hurt your scores is to max out the card and/or significantly raise utilization.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LazBoy Store Card credit impact

I would find out how easily they offer credit limit increases.  What is your AAOA?  You could use this card to your benefit temporarily if you could get the credit limit as high as possible to help lower your utilization.

At least you will be building a relationship with synchrony. They have other cards and offer big limits. You made the mistake. Learn from it and move on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.