Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden for Walmart how embarrassing is that

tag
praise123
Contributor

Left the Garden for Walmart how embarrassing is that

So, I was at Walmart and decided to apply for the card to help bring down my utilization rate on other cards. I knowstupid right? Well, I got appr for $800. I don't e en need this crd. I already ha e 7 cards that I got just this year. I will be aplyingdoor a mortgage in 6 months. I have target, Macy, best buy, chase, citi, BofA, credit one and now Walmart. I think that because I grew up being poor and denied credit I am making up for lost time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Left the Garden for Walmart how embarrassing is that

@praise123 wrote:

So, I was at Walmart and decided to apply for the card to help bring down my utilization rate on other cards. I knowstupid right? Well, I got appr for $800. I don't e en need this crd. I already ha e 7 cards that I got just this year. I will be aplyingdoor a mortgage in 6 months. I have target, Macy, best buy, chase, citi, BofA, credit one and now Walmart. I think that because I grew up being poor and denied credit I am making up for lost time.

i guess soo. 

apping so many times before a mortgage was dumb in my opinion. 

id wait until next oct before doing so now. 

ge will grow with you. 

i thought i was a shoe in for discover and got the 800 cl on the store card in july and now i have a 3000 cl with one purchase on file since july. 

anything is possible.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

they grow with you

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 8
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

At least now you get the free TU score.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

On the bright side you get $20 off your first purchase as long as you buy immediately after apping...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

You can't change your past, but you can control your present and future. It may feel good to get credit because it probably gives you a feeling of achievement and accomplishment. However, it is now time for you to be responsible or you can easily find yourself in over your head. This happens to people who grew up poor as well as those who were born privileged. Good luck and continued success!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 8
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Nothing embarassing about getting a Walmart card.  That being said, the more you keep applying for new cards, the harder it's going to be to get a mortgage.  Stop apping and start paying down your balances.  If you've already been working with a loan officer on your mortgage, you might want to talk to him or her about the effect that all this new credit will have on your application. 

Getting approved feels great, especially if you're recovering from bad credit, but you have to keep your long-term goals in mind.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.