cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders that check your reports, post new CC - to see if you are getting more loans/CCs

tag
RSX
Valued Contributor

Lenders that check your reports, post new CC - to see if you are getting more loans/CCs

i searched but cannot find the lenders that do this

example - you get a Chase card, then app for 2-3 more cards and Chase then shuts down your line because of new accounts AFTER approval

i want to app for a US Bank LOC and then immediately for a Penfed CC

i think i have read that Amex and Chase are the ones that follow you for 6 months post approval - any others do this?

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Lenders that check your reports, post new CC - to see if you are getting more loans/CCs

Barclays was the original lender known to shut down accounts for credit seeking after approval 

Message 2 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Lenders that check your reports, post new CC - to see if you are getting more loans/CCs

Comenity and sync do, but they're more concerned with their own cards. Amex pings you, but trust me, they aren't shutting down for credit seeking, or they would have closed my cards long ago. Lol

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think in a way all Lenders do considering they SP on a monthly basis, it's just that certain ones may be more sensative than others. Pretty sure you probably want to app USB first as DP's suggest that they tend to be more concervative, as for Penfed IDK.

That said, I've not encountered any AA from Amex for adding new accounts within 6 months of opening an account with them. 2017 I was very active and added several new accounts, although it was a different time than it is now.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

All lenders do not do soft inquiries for account reviews on all accounts monthly.

With that said a lot will depend on your profile and its age, but US Bank seems to be more skittish about approving you when you’ve opened several before them rather than AA after the fact. Just my observation.
Message 5 of 9
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

As some have said Barclays, I think they are the worst. Did a credit spree on June 2019 as follows 

1. US Bank SL $5K 

2. Discover SL $1.5K 

3. Wells SL $6K 

4. Barclays denied and than recon arppoved SL $5K 

5. Citizen PL denied

6. Citizen CC SL $8K 

7. SOFI PL $12.5K 

8. B of A denied, but letter sent out for secured, which is now unsecured and at $6k 

9. BBVA denied 

Barclays was the only lender to decrease my CL from $5k to $2,350 after I had done a $2k BT a month later. A year later+ some months 6% UTI and come Jan will be 95% debt free. I cut up my Barclays card up and come Nov, there will be a zero balance on the account and Barclays can close the card for non use. I wont be ever using that card again.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Barclays is known to be shall we say eccentric peculiar what’s the word?
Message 7 of 9
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes Barclays is known to be shall we say eccentric peculiar what’s the word?

Shady? In my case, if it wasnt for the BT they prob would have closed my account. If they saw me as a risk, why than cut the CL to $2,350 which than gave me 85% UTI for the card and hurt my credit report;which in turn made really made me look like a risk. I called recon 6 months, 8 months and just last month for them to see the progress I had made on the card and at least give back my SL. They told me it would be a HP, I told them to shove it and theres better cards out there for a HP. Good riddience Barclays

Message 8 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@RSX wrote:

i want to app for a US Bank LOC and then immediately for a Penfed CC

Why not just wait a few months for the PenFed instead of applying immediately?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.