Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo, Klarna Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenovo, Klarna Credit

hi all,

Has anyone recently applied to lenovo and been approved? If so what were your scores and what cra did they check?

They are doing financing through a company called klarna which i have never heard of not sure if this is new to them.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Lenovo, Klarna Credit

Lenovo offers a store card through Comenity.  It is possible to get approved via SCT.  Don't know what Klarna Credit is.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what i thought, but if you go to their website now it says financing is throught klarna.

Message 3 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats what i thought, but if you go to their website now it says financing is throught klarna.

+1

I read on another thread a few days back that Lenovo was no longer using Comenity, although I never verified this myself.

Here's a link to Lenovo's Klarna page:  http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovo-klarna-credit/

Here's a link to more information on Klarna:  https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/28/klarna-a-unicorn-is-coming-to-the-u-s-and-going-after-u-s-credit-card-companies/

Here's another (more recent):  http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2016/11/07/buy-now-pay-later/#738595a96870

I've not seen any approval/denial data points on Klarna yet... hopefully we'll have some soon!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I read on another thread a few days back that Lenovo was no longer using Comenity, although I never verified this myself.

Here's a link to Lenovo's Klarna page:  http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovo-klarna-credit/

Here's a link to more information on Klarna:  https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/28/klarna-a-unicorn-is-coming-to-the-u-s-and-going-after-u-s-credit-card-companies/

Here's another (more recent):  http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2016/11/07/buy-now-pay-later/#738595a96870

I've not seen any approval/denial data points on Klarna yet... hopefully we'll have some soon!  Smiley Happy

weird clicked on link of lama page you linked and clicked terms and conditions or the likes and appears web bank is behind it?  Be surprised if commenity already gave them up or vice-versa as the partnership is about a year old?  Maybe just another financing option if you don't qualify for one/others?

edit: strange appears the commenity card version is gone now, this must be a very recent change.

Message 5 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

weird clicked on link of lama page you linked and clicked terms and conditions or the likes and appears web bank is behind it?  Be surprised if commenity already gave them up or vice-versa as the partnership is about a year old?  Maybe just another financing option if you don't qualify for one/others?

edit: strange appears the commenity card version is gone now, this must be a very recent change.

Very interesting indeed...

I have no idea about Comenity/Lenovo... I'll have to dig around a bit more to see if what I read in the other thread is accurate or not (I've not had a chance to research it further).  I find it equally 'interesting' that WebBank is involved with this.

In any case it's something for us to watch to see how it develops!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh.  Looking at it, it looks like Klarna is really similar to Affirm, although done through Webbank (Fingerhut, Gettington, Dell).

Interesting.  I haven't done anything through Klarna before but I have seen it on a few stores in the past. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rest assured Lenovo Preferred is alive an well!  You can also still get approved for one with no hard inquiry most of the time!  Be sure you have a 3-4k laptop in your cart before your checkout or else your limit wont be that great. Mine has stayed at slightly above 4k with no increases.

I had opened mine last year on a whim.  I am the type of person to either buy $99 laptops and use them until something breaks, then part them out, or go high end on sale, and get a great warranty.  Since I had early access to the black friday sale through work (lol and apparently many other people did as well on slick deals), I went ahead and did some ordering.  I was initially shocked that my first choice, a 13 inch thinkpad, was not going to qualify for financing since the total was well below $500....  After opening my drawer with each analog envelope for every card opened it was in black and white. $500-$999 6 months no interest. $1000+ 12 months no interest (both deferred interest).

The best deal on comptuers this year IMO were:  A fully spec'd out HP at sams club that sold out mid november. It had 7th gen i7, lots of ram, 900 series 4gb graphics card, etc etc $949 sale $599 (would get 20% cash back via discover on this one but it sold out within minutes)

The other was the thinkpad E570.  You could get a similarly configured machine with a 2gb graphics card, add solid state drive, and it was $509 not including ebates.

I had debated using my double cash card for the extended warranty of adding 24 months, all their warranties were 20% of too, so it was fairly easy to get a 5 year warranty for next to nothing.  Long story short I used both cards since I got two computers, one for me, and one for a friend that refused to pay for the extra warranty.  I am not the type of person to spend that much on a computer. In fact I think it was back in 90s when I spend 1100 on a powerbook.  Excited to get my x1 carbon, one link docking station, keyboard,23" monitor with webcam/speaker bar and usb hub, perfect size carrying case/sleeve, and mouse.  I was really torn between all the models but I like the size and feel of the x1 carbon 4th gen ( but sure did like the keyboard on the pre 3rd gen models!

These computers are built really well, I'm sure warranty wont even be used once.  I would however like to see a 5" smartphone, with a 10-12" tablet dock, full size keyboard dock, and a docking station (a' la asus padfone but running windows 10 with microsoft android runtime for app support). So sick of device redundancy, worldwide ambivalence on cloud computing vs local storage, and high speed ISP/wireless monopolies.

Message 8 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hey jfriend!  Smiley Very Happy

It sounds like we have similar habits with our laptops... I'm currently using a Dell Inspiron-1720 that's going on nine years old, and I'll use the darn thing until it burns out... LOL.  I've already replaced a screen, four keyboards (which are getting hard to find these days...), numerous power bricks, and finally the wifi card just a few months back (Windows 10 said the old card was compatible... it lied.)

I just took a look at the Lenovo X1 Carbon you mentioned, and that thing is a beast!  I added one to my cart (I wanted to see if I could get the SCT like I once could) and it seems that while Lenovo Preferred is still available to existing cardholders, the only option that seemed to work for a new account was the Klarna Credit option (at least that's all I could get to work).  I might have overlooked something though, so until somebody else goes and checks it out take my words here like a grain of salt.

If I'm wrong and Lenovo Preferred/Comenity is still available to new apps that would be fantastic... the more options, the better, right?  Smiley Wink

In any case, I'm excited that there's a new player in town.  When the old guard gets too comfortable things tend not to be as good for us consumers.  When they are having to constantly look over their own shoulders for their competition we always get a better deal.  Smiley Very Happy 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Hey jfriend!  Smiley Very Happy

It sounds like we have similar habits with our laptops... I'm currently using a Dell Inspiron-1720 that's going on nine years old, and I'll use the darn thing until it burns out... LOL.  I've already replaced a screen, four keyboards (which are getting hard to find these days...), numerous power bricks, and finally the wifi card just a few months back (Windows 10 said the old card was compatible... it lied.)

I just took a look at the Lenovo X1 Carbon you mentioned, and that thing is a beast!  I added one to my cart (I wanted to see if I could get the SCT like I once could) and it seems that while Lenovo Preferred is still available to existing cardholders, the only option that seemed to work for a new account was the Klarna Credit option (at least that's all I could get to work).  I might have overlooked something though, so until somebody else goes and checks it out take my words here like a grain of salt.

If I'm wrong and Lenovo Preferred/Comenity is still available to new apps that would be fantastic... the more options, the better, right?  Smiley Wink

In any case, I'm excited that there's a new player in town.  When the old guard gets too comfortable things tend not to be as good for us consumers.  When they are having to constantly look over their own shoulders for their competition we always get a better deal.  Smiley Very Happy 

strange you did not see the lenovo preferred pop up.  it was literally a few days ago. did anyone figure out how this new klarna one works?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.