cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Navy Federal Credit Union be your bank of choice!!!!!!!!!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Let Navy Federal Credit Union be your bank of choice!!!!!!!!!

@watch44 wrote:
Be that as it may, cashing checks online or by mobile is super quick. I can take a picture of an endorsed check with my phone and it gets approved within the hour. Up to 200 is available right away, the rest takes 24 hours to clear.

Exactly what I do. I am lucky enough to be about 20 minutes away from a branch but for anyone else, just give the cash to a friend and have them write you a check Smiley Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 31 of 60
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

Ahh that's interesting, i've been too scared to try mobile deposits, or anything financial on my phone for that matter. It's nice to hear that seems to be a much quicker process than more conventional methods.

I guess i'll get there eventually, I just have too many apps that want me to agree to full access to my entire phone (somewhat joking) and as such I've been skeptical to put anything too important on my phone. Maybe I just don't understand how phone OS's work. Whatever it is, I'm not ready to give in yet.

Message 32 of 60
hot4u
Established Contributor

@USF813 wrote:
Dollar_bill - you make some really good points. I can't quite understand why it takes five days to post a cash deposit made at a co-op ATM. Bill pays are ridiculously slow. In my opinion a payment made from a NFCU account should post immediately. I have made an ACH payment from my primary CU to my NFCU visa and it went thru the next day. For all the good NFCU does, quick online transactions isn't one of them.

Agree.

As a test went to NFCU Branch deposited Cash ...still took days to post..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 33 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

NFCU changed their posting of deposit in Co-OP ATMs in 08 or 09. I remember asking them why and the answer I got was due to the high incidents of faulty deposits ie empty envelopes, they wanted to verify the contents. They instructed me to their ATMs where deposits are posted immediately but availability is delayed.

At the time, the closest branch to me was in San Diego and without the availability of shared branching -no mobile deposits back then- I found it was more of a hassle for deposits.

Now, mobile apps and a branch 20 min away- no more issues.
Message 34 of 60
USF813
Frequent Contributor

09Lexie - The crazy thing is I don't deposit cash in an evelope, the ATM actually counts the money and displays how much I deposited, and then asks me if that's the correct amount. Barring a huge deposit over the normal availability of funds policy, it shouldn't take five days to make $100 available.

Message 35 of 60
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I cant wait to get mobile deposit with them, I am 3 days from being allowed to sign up. I have had it for several years with wells and chase. I dont mind 2 days to post with checks in branch, but I am used to midnight same day. No big deal I never use it right away. How long does mobile deposit take to be available?

I haven't tested in branch with cash, but most likely what I would do. The branch I use doesn't have a drive thru, do any?

Also the bill pay doesn't show online right away, but I also think I will like it not coming out of my balance until the recipient cashes payment?
Message 36 of 60

Congrats! Your story sounds very familiar. I was in the same boat. I had a $250 First Premier and a $750 CapOne, both unsecured, and that was all. I have been a member with Navy Fed for 6 years and after reading on here of other's successes, I applied for their GoRewards Visa. Approved for $6000. I cheered and two minutes later I tried for their MC - approved for $4000. I was ecstatic. I waited a week and put in for CLI on both and I now have a $10000 Visa and $8000 MC. Navy Fed is AWESOME!
NFCU nRewards Visa: $15k, NFCU goRewards MC: $15k, NFCU NavCheck: $15k, Lowes Store Card: $8,500, PayPal Extras MC: $2k, FNBO NRA VIsa: $1,500, Discover It: $1,400, CapOne Platinum MC: $1,250, H.H.Gregg Store Card: $1,200, USAA Classic AMEX: $1k, Amazon Store Card: $600, Home Depot Store Card: $500, First Premier Platinum: $400, Walmart Visa: $150
Message 37 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

And just by starting a thread on NFCU that just cost you a HP on TU Smiley Wink

Kidding, Welcome to the forums and congrats on your success Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 60
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

As a follow-up, I put in a $200 "transfer" from my US bank checking to my NFCU CC. I did this Tuesday morning this week, the payment had cleared by the end of the day yesterday(Weds) on both US Bank and NFCU. It comes through as "ACH" so maybe that's why it's faster.

Sill, it doesn't look like I can use this transfer to put money INTO my checking/savings.  Oh well. It is definitely a quick and easy way to pay your CC if you have other banks as options.

Message 39 of 60
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Haha great story. I made the switch from USAA to NFCU a while back and man does it feel good to be treated like you're important. NFCU has earned my business going forward. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.