cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Navy Federal Credit Union be your bank of choice!!!!!!!!!

tag
RCortez3865

Re: Let Navy Federal Credit Union be your bank of choice!!!!!!!!!

No problems over here either! I am def enjoying having a total of $35000 in credit with NFCU when I only $8500 in credit just last month. Hoping to request CLIs in a few months for my NFCU CCs (both are at $10k now). Perhaps $12.5 or 15k each? Crossin my fingers!
Successful CH7 BK (Jun 18)
(After BK) FICO = EX: 625 EQ: 650 TU: 607 (Oct 2018)
(Before BK) EX: 451 EQ: 459 TU: 457 (Jun 2018)
Capital QS1: $300 | Discover it: $500 | GameStop: $350 | Wayfair: $2500
Message 41 of 60
Scupra
Super Contributor

@hot4u wrote:

@USF813 wrote:
Dollar_bill - you make some really good points. I can't quite understand why it takes five days to post a cash deposit made at a co-op ATM. Bill pays are ridiculously slow. In my opinion a payment made from a NFCU account should post immediately. I have made an ACH payment from my primary CU to my NFCU visa and it went thru the next day. For all the good NFCU does, quick online transactions isn't one of them.

Agree.

As a test went to NFCU Branch deposited Cash ...still took days to post..

That's so odd! I just went to a branch yesterday, deposited cash, walked out the door and logged in with my phone and the deposit was already available and showing.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 42 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@USF813

If you use a co-OP ATM, it doesn't matter if its cash or check or using an envelope. They have a five day delay for all non NFCU ATM deposits.
Message 43 of 60
kshew97
Valued Member

@RCortez3865 wrote:

Actually the Navy Federal customer rep over the phone I spoke with a few weeks back that helped me with my cancellation of Flagship Visa and merged my CL from that to my GoRewards (combined for current CL of $10000) told me that with my current income and current credit I hold I am "maxed" out for Navy Federal for actual credit.  That is good and bad news but more good news in the fact that if I get turned down at this point it is bc I have too much credit with them.  Only my credit score can give me more down the road.  With all of that said I do not plan to touch any CLI's for at least a year with them.  $35000 is plenty considering before I applied I only had a total of roughly $9000 with other CC's.  My question now is when my newly aquired CC's with Navy Fed actually hit my CR, how much will my score bump up do to the debt-credit ratio on them?  I will have a ration of 80/20 (80% credit, 20% debt on them).  Like I mentioned earlier, my new LOC with Navy Fed did hit my Equifax and it bumped it 12 points with JUST the LOC hitting the report, not the 2 CC's yet.  The LOC hasnt hit the other 2 reports. 

Just out of curiousity, what is your income when they said you were maxed out for credit? I have the Flagship card at 25K and was considering getting a second card and/or NavCheck. I wish I would have done all 3 when I originally signed up, but when they hit me at 25K I about fainted and didn't want to puch my luck! LOL

I have been a member now since 2011, I do carry a balance month to month, but always pay at least 3X the minimum monthly payment. Wish they weren't so HP happy, but other than thatm they have been awesome! Bought 2 cars (and paid them both off early) since joining, and have 2 CD's with them now.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 60
RCortez3865

My income is at $79000. Good for you!
Successful CH7 BK (Jun 18)
(After BK) FICO = EX: 625 EQ: 650 TU: 607 (Oct 2018)
(Before BK) EX: 451 EQ: 459 TU: 457 (Jun 2018)
Capital QS1: $300 | Discover it: $500 | GameStop: $350 | Wayfair: $2500
Message 45 of 60
combatveteran
New Contributor

So my question for everyone on here in the thread what were your CS at the time of application and what did your credit look like? I am trying to pay off debt as well as build simultaneously and can use all the help I can get. Thanks

Starting FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 1/21/2014 EX 541 EQ 554 TU 580:
Current FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 2/1/2014 EX 552 EQ 570 TU 552:
GOAL: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening with USAA Secured Credit Cards MC @ 1500 and AMEX @ 1500 and soon Hopefully Navy FCU
Message 46 of 60
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@RCortez3865 wrote:

I am a seasoned service member with over 14 years of service with a wife and 3 kids.  My wife's credit is very good (762) while mine is adequate at best (688 EX / 631 EQ / 656 TU).  However, after reading up on NFCU on the blogs on here the last several days, I told myself, "Lets give it a shot".  Before applying with NFCU, my biggest CC was a SECURED Capital One for $1000 ($899 of my hard earned money $101 credit from sh**ty ole Capital One).  My biggest unsecured CC was only $550 from Credit One (just got the $150 yearly upgrade with them this past June.  Then I had 2 $300 cards from First Premier and Matrix (I do NOT recommend either one but Credit One is so so).  That was back on Thursday 10 Oct 2013.  Forward to 12 Oct when I finally opened a NFCU checking account online for $100 I went ahead and applied for the "cashRewards" credit card that everyone on here has been raving about....30 seconds past and low and behold I read the following statement:

"Congratulations!  Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature cashRewards Visa credit card.  Your new credit line will be $10,000.00.  Your APR will be prime plus 12.40%.  You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days"

....man I "woot wooted" around the house like a crazy man filled with joy.  Then I went back on MyFico forums again to see if anyone every applied twice for 2 different cards and got approved.  I saw one that did and I went back to the NFCU site and tried for the Flagship Rewards card...30 seconds went by....then got this message:

"Congratulations!  Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature Flagship Visa credit card.  Your new credit line will be $5,000.00.  Your APR will be prime plus 12.24%.  You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days. "

Are you kidding me? lol...after spending the last year with crappy cards and really working on my credit score I am finally getting what I deserved?  (I had a repo from an ex gf of mine that wanted to get back at me back in 2006 that is suppose to fall of this coming December).  After going nuts again around the house, I went back on MyFico and seen if anyone got accepted for 3 cards...NO ONE did so the next day, I went to Navy Fed on base and asked what their limits are with # of credit cards and they said that there really isnt a set number but that she never saw anyone with more than 3 cards at the same time..."so you say there's a chance ay"?  lol....  I went back on the computer on NFCU and with the perception that I probably outdid myself but I said what the hell....I can afford 3-5 HP's within a short time frame since I havent done it in over a year...lets try.  30 seconds later I get the following message:

"Congratulations!  Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a goRewards MasterCard credit card.  Your new credit line will be $5,000.00.  Your APR will be prime plus 11.74%.  You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days. "

What!!! Wow!!! thats crazy!!!  I have 3 credit cards that have a total of $20000 in credit after having 4 cards that totaled $1150 in unsecured and $1000 in secured?  If I werent me and someone told me that I would have thought you are seriously HIGH.  So after all that happening between 12-14 Oct I went back to NFCU on base and asked about other things they have.  The lady mentioned having OLOC (Overdraft Line of Credit) that I could apply for.  It works as an overdraft but you can write checks and transactions against it just like a personal loan.  So I told her to sign me up and after like 3-4 minutes I recieved the following message:

"Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, your loan application has been approved for $5,000.00. As you requested, the loan proceeds will be available for you to pick up at the  Branch.  Please allow one business day for document processing."

I about sh*t myself after all of this hoopla...lemme tell you.  The moral of the story is that Navy Federal Credit Union is THE PLACE TO BANK...PERIOD.  Super friendly people and obviously generous with credit.  Mind you, I have had no derogatory statements on my credit report in YEARS and the repo destroyed me for the first several years but once it falls off in a few months, there is no reason why I wont be in the 700's by then...ESPECIALLY with my new credit utilization and balance ratio after I get all of my cards.  I hope this message inspires someone who is needing to hear something like this to give them a try.

-A Very Pleased NFCU Customer

What an amaxing story!!!

WELCOME TO THE NFCU FAMILY!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 47 of 60
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@combatveteran wrote:

So my question for everyone on here in the thread what were your CS at the time of application and what did your credit look like? I am trying to pay off debt as well as build simultaneously and can use all the help I can get. Thanks

mines was 673 at the the time of approval. Approval for 12.5k ans just opened accounts with them Oct 13'. HP on EQ (Iee though alot of ppl getting HPs from TU as well)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 48 of 60
combatveteran
New Contributor

so I should just leave them alone until my credit gets fixed more I hate hunting and wanting to garden at the same time lol

Starting FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 1/21/2014 EX 541 EQ 554 TU 580:
Current FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 2/1/2014 EX 552 EQ 570 TU 552:
GOAL: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening with USAA Secured Credit Cards MC @ 1500 and AMEX @ 1500 and soon Hopefully Navy FCU
Message 49 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@combatveteran wrote:

so I should just leave them alone until my credit gets fixed more I hate hunting and wanting to garden at the same time lol

if you are below a 580 I would suggest a secured card... once you get in the neighborhood of 600 I would apply for unsecured.

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.