Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let us take a moment of silence to remember

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let us take a moment of silence to remember

Y'all are crazy!!! The amount of food I can put in my house for what you spend going out to eat. I save my expensive eating for vacations.
Message 21 of 36
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Maxed it out for the quarter for the first time. The $400 KFC bill I got to put on my card helped Smiley Happy

I'm too damn busy to go grocery shopping for lunch a lot of the times. Working 7 days a week doesn't allow much time. Only had a handful of days off in the last few months. The convinience of eating out is just too nice. Also, got a nice chunk back from Bars lol.
Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made about $60 that'll be doubled at the end of the year. I'm sad. This next one I don't need my discover. I already have an Amazon account with 5% cash back or promotional financing with a higher credit limit than my Discover and i don't need to do any home improvements. Smiley Sad 

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a cheapo. Even when I was working 7 days a week, I still hated going out to eat. I did spend over 100 on every meal on vacation though. But I only do that once a year so it's okay.
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm with you on that.  I can cook way better meals for less money at home and my home theater destroys any movie theater I've ever seen so I literally never use these categories.  I guess I do get pizza delivery every once in a while, not sure if that counts toward "restaurant" categories?

i feel like either you havent been to truly good restaurants OR you may be a sous chef Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 36
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Like $100 which has made me realize I go out to eat WAY too much lol

Is this after doubling? Because the 5% category tops out at $1500 spend, or $75 in rewards.

Message 26 of 36
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I miss this, and I didn't have the luxury of even being able to have it! I know a lot of people got good use out of it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had $20 last statement and went out in a blaze of glory the last few days..so I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll definitely miss that category! I'm going to sign my Discover up on my Amazon acct. and use it for everything I'd usually get at Walmart or soemthing..RIP 5% cash back match restaurant categories Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 36
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I only made maybe $10.00 on the catagory this round. Part of that included a movie ticket. We don't eat out much. I just bought a brand new house and I want to upgrade somethings before I officially move in. I will max out the 5% on home improvement today in one swoop. Chase and their 5% at warehouse stores is awesome for me as well and that will be maxxed out in a few weeks when I stock up on everything for my new house. Plus 5% cash back on Disney Gift cards at Sams Club will help for my birthday trip to Hollywood Studios in August.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh! Home improvement? I just moved in! I'll be MAXING that out!
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.