Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter came today from Citibank

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Letter came today from Citibank

Currently, my scores are in the bottom to mid 800s  Since like forever, I keep trying the Citi prequal site but I never got a match.

Got this letter in the mail today (Im typing it in because I dont have a scanner )

Hi MeanMchine,

You may still pre-qualify for a Citi card.

Due to an error on our systems, when you recently visited citicards.com to see if you pre-qualified for a new credit card, you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didnt qualify. We invite you to check again by re-entering your information at citicards.com. Please note we can't guarantee you'll be pre-qualified.

Your Citi Team

Citibank and CapitalOne are the only banks that never have prequalified me for any card. Ill give Citi a try again next month

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if they just sent that message to anyone who checked prequal within a certain timeframe. My guess is yes since it says they can't guarantee anything. Did you try again, and if so did you qualify?
Message 2 of 72
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Wow that's a first. I have never seen a letter like that .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I received it too. I went back and still nothing.
Message 4 of 72
GApeachy
Super Contributor

THEY ARE CRAAAZY, I just got 7 SEVEN...no lie.  All with a different number on the bottom right.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 72
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Currently, my scores are in the bottom to mid 800s  Since like forever, I keep trying the Citi prequal site but I never got a match.

Got this letter in the mail today (Im typing it in because I dont have a scanner )

Hi MeanMchine,

You may still pre-qualify for a Citi card.

Due to an error on our systems, when you recently visited citicards.com to see if you pre-qualified for a new credit card, you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didnt qualify. We invite you to check again by re-entering your information at citicards.com. Please note we can't guarantee you'll be pre-qualified.

Your Citi Team

Citibank and CapitalOne are the only banks that never have prequalified me for any card. Ill give Citi a try again next month

Wasn't Citi the lender that was spitting out CLIs like nobody's business to someone on here about 2weeks ago? Maybe their system is still jacked up. Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 72
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Wasn't Citi the lender that was spitting out CLIs like nobody's business to someone on here about 2weeks ago? Maybe their system is still jacked up. Smiley Very Happy

Everybody hit the "luv" button fast & furious then!  (I fell for the pre-qual; got the I'm Sorry sos as usual)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 72
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

I got 4 letters, too. One for each time I checked the prequal site before my last app. 

Message 8 of 72
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

Citi pre-qual

Hello to the credit Gods/Goddess lol, I told my wife that's what I call people here who knows something about something. Anywho my question is has anyone ever tried Citi pre-qual and it comes back saying sorry we can't match you but then get a letter in the mail saying "Due to an error on our systems, you recently visited the Citi cards.com site you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didn't qualify, we invite you to check again?.

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 9 of 72
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if they just sent that message to anyone who checked prequal within a certain timeframe. My guess is yes since it says they can't guarantee anything. Did you try again, and if so did you qualify?

Im expecting a large FICO score bump on June 1st and June 8th.  Ill wait til then so they can see the new and improved me.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.