Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter came today from Citibank

tag
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I received it too. I went back and still nothing.

+1. Also tried a cli on my citi costco visa, and nothing.

Message 21 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same letter...did the prequal again....and nada....

Message 22 of 72
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I got a couple of those letters too. Once in a while, I check the prequal site just for the hell of it and I never have any offers. But, I've been approved for 3 cards anyway. I wouldn't get discouraged and just cold app if you're really interested in one of their cards.

Message 23 of 72
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Is Home Depot a HP or SP?  I can't remember  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 24 of 72
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

I just got the letter from Citi in the mail today. I thought it was odd that I would get this letter since I haven't checked their prequalify page in well over a month. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 25 of 72
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting this!

I saw two letters (that I can see was dated 5.23.19) from Citi when I checked my Informed Delivery.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 26 of 72
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Weird! Today when I got home and looked at the mail, I had that exact letter from Citi. Weirdest thing is: I never attempted prequaling online lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 27 of 72
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Now Im wondering if anyone got a reversal and is now pre-qualified

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 28 of 72
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Weird! Today when I got home and looked at the mail, I had that exact letter from Citi. Weirdest thing is: I never attempted prequaling online lol 

Yup we got 3 letters, to me and one to DH and then one to my daughter, none of us attempted a prequalify? ?

We may have tried for DH but that's was months and months ago and never for my daughter she has one card and doesn't want any others atm.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 29 of 72
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Currently, my scores are in the bottom to mid 800s  Since like forever, I keep trying the Citi prequal site but I never got a match.

Got this letter in the mail today (Im typing it in because I dont have a scanner )

Hi MeanMchine,

You may still pre-qualify for a Citi card.

Due to an error on our systems, when you recently visited citicards.com to see if you pre-qualified for a new credit card, you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didnt qualify. We invite you to check again by re-entering your information at citicards.com. Please note we can't guarantee you'll be pre-qualified.

Your Citi Team

Citibank and CapitalOne are the only banks that never have prequalified me for any card. Ill give Citi a try again next month

Ha, I got Eight of Them!!!, I felt like @AJC for a Moment in time.

Message 30 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.