Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter came today from Citibank

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

I stopped believing Citi after seeing plastered on their homepage LOGIN AND SEE IF YOUR SPENDING POWER CAN BE INCREASEDSmiley Wink. No matter how many times i hit the cli button with SP language for some resson i get a SPelling lesson on how to spell NOSmiley Sad
Message 41 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got 13 letters today. Holy cow the amount of wasted paper. GJ Citi

Hi, my Name is Disco Joe,  want some extra paper?Smiley Wink

Did Citi ask you to approve a hard inquiry? Maybe you could obtain a CLI with a hard pull at Citi? As you remember, many people have gone the hard inquiry route and did well! I am not one of them! Smiley Embarassed

Message 42 of 72
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried clearing their cache before filling out the form again? I didn’t get a letter but wouldn’t be surprised if one shows up soon. Just tried again after clearing my browser and got an offer whereas I wasn’t in the past. Not sure if that’s a coincidence or not.

Message 43 of 72
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Currently, my scores are in the bottom to mid 800s  Since like forever, I keep trying the Citi prequal site but I never got a match.

Got this letter in the mail today (Im typing it in because I dont have a scanner )

Hi MeanMchine,

You may still pre-qualify for a Citi card.

Due to an error on our systems, when you recently visited citicards.com to see if you pre-qualified for a new credit card, you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didnt qualify. We invite you to check again by re-entering your information at citicards.com. Please note we can't guarantee you'll be pre-qualified.

Your Citi Team

Citibank and CapitalOne are the only banks that never have prequalified me for any card. Ill give Citi a try again next month

Interesting - I got 4 of those letter yesterday. The thing is I didn't try their prequalify because I know I would not pre-qualify for anything, I  included a couple Citi cards in my 2010 BK7 and I know Citi has a long, unforgiving memory. I'd say the 'system error' was the system that sends out letters.

EDIT: After reading through the thread I see others got multiple letters. You'd think the mail room in Soiux Falls woulda wondered why the mail volume was suddenly 100 time the normal volume. Well, the post office is probably happy.

Message 44 of 72
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Informed of Citi Pre-Qual System Glitch

Hi Everyone,

This is a PSA...public service announcement:

Last week I submitted an app on the Citi pre-qual site and was informed there were no matches. I received a letter in the mail today from Citi that they had a system glitch that may have erroneously informed me that I wasn't qualified and encouraged me to try again.

So if the same happened to you it could have been the same glitch.  

UPDATE:

I received 2 letters. It’s extremely interesting they were all Date May 23 and we got them yesterday or today. I can feel another glitch similar to the CLI on the horizon.

In Oprah’s voice, “you get a credit card and you get a credit card; everybody getting a credit card! 😉

Message 45 of 72
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Currently, my scores are in the bottom to mid 800s  Since like forever, I keep trying the Citi prequal site but I never got a match.

Got this letter in the mail today (Im typing it in because I dont have a scanner )

Hi MeanMchine,

You may still pre-qualify for a Citi card.

Due to an error on our systems, when you recently visited citicards.com to see if you pre-qualified for a new credit card, you may have incorrectly received a message stating you didnt qualify. We invite you to check again by re-entering your information at citicards.com. Please note we can't guarantee you'll be pre-qualified.

Your Citi Team

Citibank and CapitalOne are the only banks that never have prequalified me for any card. Ill give Citi a try again next month

Interesting - I got 4 of those letter yesterday. The thing is I didn't try their prequalify because I know I would not pre-qualify for anything, I  included a couple Citi cards in my 2010 BK7 and I know Citi has a long, unforgiving memory. I'd say the 'system error' was the system that sends out letters.

EDIT: After reading through the thread I see others got multiple letters. You'd think the mail room in Soiux Falls woulda wondered why the mail volume was suddenly 100 time the normal volume. Well, the post office is probably happy.

Typically when this kind of thing happens most companies use an outside printer company to do all he mailings. As a result the mail room will not see anything new and the printer does not care as they get paid by the letter. Remember you can send a letter from New York City with a return address in Los Angeles. And yes the USPS is the one laughing all the way to the bank as they are getting your 4-12 letters pre-bundled from the printer.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 46 of 72
drboxing
Established Contributor

my wife received the same letter. She went on to prequalify and got the same message, unable to locate a card....

Message 47 of 72
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I got 2 when I checked my mail, today. 🤣😂

But, in my case Citi has been courting me for almost a year with letters weekly and sometimes twice a week with different card offers. I ignored it since I never had offers in the online prequal.

Well, at the beginning of May I had my first offers in the online prequal and I checked again they are still there.🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 48 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got 13 letters today. Holy cow the amount of wasted paper. GJ Citi

Hi, my Name is Disco Joe,  want some extra paper?Smiley Wink

Did Citi ask you to approve a hard inquiry? Maybe you could obtain a CLI with a hard pull at Citi? As you remember, many people have gone the hard inquiry route and did well! I am not one of them! Smiley Embarassed

No @Dinosaur though i have tsken one and still get nothing. I know i am max exposure for my income but one can dream right?Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

May 23 a Citi day that will live in infamySmiley Wink

Message 50 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.