Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter came today from Citibank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

i also got this letter too, but i think it's baloney. i shopped prequals way back in feb, and just now got a letter about prequals being broken? that makes no sense. and from what i'm seeing, everyone going back to do it again was denied for a second time, except for the one guy that already was approved and still is approved.... so i think that they're just yanking everyones chain months later for anyone that fails a prequal in the off chance that they could now be worthy of a citi card. i haven't gone back to see what mine says, because i'm sure it will just be a big fat no again.

Message 51 of 72
calyx
Super Contributor

I got a couple of these letters.  I haven't tried any prequals with them.   But I do have a secured card with them.

I'd forgotten about this thread when I saw the Citi mailer in my Informed Delivery dash.   I was WAY excited at the prospect of a miracle early graduation (I couldn't think of why else Citi would be bothering me).   Thanks Citi, for the disappointment Smiley Surprised

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 52 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww... I only got 4 letters! Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

THEY ARE CRAAAZY, I just got 7 SEVEN...no lie.  All with a different number on the bottom right.  

I was worried about this letter as I haven't checked the pre qual in a long time with citi but seeing that you got 7 makes me less worried. I actually got 8 of these letters in the mail, a couple days ago.

Message 54 of 72
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

How many times a week do you people hit these pre-qual sites?  Im guessing you get one letter for each submit click you've done withn their tme frame

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 55 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something to note.... Their prequal system may well be broken.  I just reviewed all of the soft pulls from all 3 bureaus and there is NOTHING from Citibank anywhere. *shrug*

Message 56 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are you guys using to check your pulls? you pay for monitoring somewhere or?

Message 57 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what are you guys using to check your pulls? you pay for monitoring somewhere or?

I grabbed mine this morning from FreeCreditReport as I hadn't used it in a year. I'm not sure if any of the monitoring services provide them. 

Message 58 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They only show up on reports ordered directly from the bureaus (not monitoring, actual hard copies like if you get a denial and request a copy), including the free one from annualcredireport.com

Message 59 of 72
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I grabbed mine this morning from FreeCreditReport as I hadn't used it in a year. I'm not sure if any of the monitoring services provide them. 

Equifax does.  IMO, its the only redeemable reason for subscibing

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 60 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.