Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter came today from Citibank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

I got this letter to, i recently checked both home depot and citibank website and nothing. I checked the sites again after the letter arrived and i did prequalify for the home depot card. That in on itself was a surprise since citibank has me on their blacklist.

Message 61 of 72
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Citi possible fraud ?

Got two of these in the mail the past 2 days.
Called citi this evening after the second letter showed up. Both the exact same thing.

Both letters are missing my apartment number but otherwise correct.

I have citi cards and a bank account so they should definitely have my correct address as all other mail has it.

Citi’s Response : outsourced rep who stated it was marketing despite my several explanations this wasn’t a standard credit card mailer. It was a plain white envelope.

Should I be concerned ?

Also another fraud question : my fiancée’s Citi Premier card which I am a AU.

She got an email today about a card not present transaction for $0.00. Merchant was Delta Airlines.

As far as I can remember neither of us have ever used this card for Delta nor added it to the app, mobile wallet on the site etc.
Asked about that on the same phone call but the rep gave some spiel about public records. CC #’s aren’t public records so idk where that came from. Didn’t even offer to cancel the card.

The $0.00 authorization is something I think is a concern but I can’t decide about this letter.

E3A60597-D756-4143-B476-F9F59314C20C.jpeg

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 62 of 72
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi possible fraud ?

Many have gotten this letter recently as mentioned in other threads, so the letter isn't fraud.

Message 63 of 72
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I hadn’t read the thread that my post was merged into before just now.

Been extremely busy with work lately and my time spent on the forums hasn’t been what it usually is. I try to read the highlights but when I saw the title I figured it was a marketing mailer type deal and wrote it off. I know better then that 🤦‍♂️

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 64 of 72
sjt
Senior Contributor

If you did not use the pre quail site then it could be fraud. I would either put a fraud alert on your CR or freeze/lock your CR.

If you or your fiancée did not make any charges to Delta then I would call and cancel the account and have them reissue new cards.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 65 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this letter. I had prequalified thru the CITI and was denied. When i received the letter i called the 800 on the letter  she verified my information and approved me for $4k Credit limit on the simplicity card.. Maaaaaannnnn was i surprised i had to ask her to repeat herself.

My Scores are 692EQ 647exp 648 TU

She wasnt lying either lol.. i got the card in the mail saturday.

Message 66 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a somewhat old thread. But I also received five to eight of those letters in the mail after doing pre-qualifications online that were unsuccessful. About two weeks after that I received two pre-selected to apply with solid APR S4 the diamond preferred in the thankyou card. But still nothing online for me.I recently deposited $15,000 into their bank account last month maybe this has to do with my pre-selected to apply? The fact that I received two is that give me a better chance? I know I will most likely receive more in the upcoming week for better offers or so I have heard.
Message 67 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter came today from Citibank

Never get prequals but get approved so I put little stock in the process. If you want a card apply don't hold out for prequals ... you might not live that long Smiley Happy
Message 68 of 72
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know this is a somewhat old thread. But I also received five to eight of those letters in the mail after doing pre-qualifications online that were unsuccessful. About two weeks after that I received two pre-selected to apply with solid APR S4 the diamond preferred in the thankyou card. But still nothing online for me.I recently deposited $15,000 into their bank account last month maybe this has to do with my pre-selected to apply? The fact that I received two is that give me a better chance? I know I will most likely receive more in the upcoming week for better offers or so I have heard.

well, i have to put in my 2 penny's!, Don't worry The Thread is not as Old as DinosaurSmiley Very Happy

but i would Take His Advice, He's a pretty Smart Guy in My BookSmiley Happy Smart Guy Advice

Message 69 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. What I think I will do is wait two more months since the offer is good until September. Then it will be about 5 months since I opened up my last card. Plus most likely my score will go up, and hopefully get better terms. Since the double cash card does not come with and intro offer I will most likely take the best sub they offer then might PC to the DC in the future. hopefully they send something that makes me pull the trigger. Because at this point a 23% APR is way too high for me. Not like I will carry any balance but I believe the APR will correlate with my starting limit. Obviously if you have a high APR offer they tend to look at you as more risky.
Message 70 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.