Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexus Pursuits Visa

tag
diesel2013
Contributor

Lexus Pursuits Visa

Hey everyone!

I am wondering if anyone in here has success getting this card? 

Currently, Utilization is at 12% Experian 680 Equifax 674 Transunion 694. 

No inquiries, I do have a AMEX Delta gold - $1kSL. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexus Pursuits Visa

Unfortunately, have no experience whatsover.

Curious what your interest is in it. Seems like a "meh" card to me. That and it's a Comenity card...hmmmm, can you buy a Lexus online? Maybe you can get SCT out of it.   Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pursue another card
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would personally just go for a 2% card such as PayPal MC from Sync at 2% cashback and you probably would be better off, just my 2 cents and I believe that card is issued by Comenity and their majors are typically > 700 score on EQ to obtain where-as sync esp on paypal mc is a bit more forgiving and a TU puller.

Message 4 of 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately with your EQ score you won’t get the Visa flavor but just the Lexus Dealer/Store Credit card that can only be used in Lexus dealerships with 0% for 6 months on any purchase of $99 or more. Got tricked into getting my DW thinking she’ll get the Visa with her 690s few years ago. That card is now in the SD. Comenity won’t even upgrade her to Visa without a new app now that her EQ is in the 780s and her CL is capped at $6K (highest that card will go per their policy).
I Don’t even know why they had to partner with Comenity on these credit cards when they used to be in house via Lexus Financial.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@diesel2013 wrote:

Hey everyone!

I am wondering if anyone in here has success getting this card? 

Currently, Utilization is at 12% Experian 680 Equifax 674 Transunion 694. 

No inquiries, I do have a AMEX Delta gold - $1kSL. 

I was approved for Comenity’s Toyota Rewards VISA Signature $5k SL in Nov. I don’t remember exactly what my Fico EQ was at the time. Definitely below yours. More in the 640’s-650’s range. 

With that being said, a month later they closed the account because of too many recent inquiries (I think I had 5 in 12mo). I had applied for 2 other Comenity cards, within 2 weeks after that approval. A Westgate MC (approved $1k SL) and an Orbitz Visa (declined). They closed the Westgate card as well. 

So, if you are going to apply, be cautious. There are a ton of horror stories, as well as great experiences with Comenity. If you have a ton of inq in the past 12mo, I’d wait. There are better options available. 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.