Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

tag
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

Denied.... the pain of rejection.  i have way to many apps, inqs, new credit lines i should be in the garden but couldnt contain myself!

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 21 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
I decided not to go for it, at least for now...

Ah... Excellent... you passed the test!

Message 22 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@weehoo wrote:

Denied.... the pain of rejection.  i have way to many apps, inqs, new credit lines i should be in the garden but couldnt contain myself!

Sorry to hear...bummer.  You, my friend, did not pass the test.   Hello Triple Pull.

Message 23 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

The triple pull was what stopped me.

Maybe I'll take the plunge in March / April when most of my new accounts are >1 year old, but not now...

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

Maybe I'll take the plunge in March / April when most of my new accounts are >1 year old, but not now...

It would me too!  Trust me.  I think you did the right thing with spacing this one out.   Are you going for SPG this month or in March / April?  What other lovelies are you thinking of besides SPG and/or Venture?

Message 25 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

It would me too!  Trust me.  I think you did the right thing with spacing this one out.   Are you going for SPG this month or in March / April?  What other lovelies are you thinking of besides SPG and/or Venture?

my spg app is still pending.

i thought about putting in another amex app, but was told by new accounts that they need to have a 5 day gap in between applications, so there's no real point in me applying for anything else from amex while the spg app is still pending. I was tempted to apply for the Hilton Surpass (75k points promo now), but probably will wait till later I suppose since I won't be traveling again until March.

There's no other specific cards that I am particularly interested in. I'm just gonna look at the sign-up bonuses available in March and then decide I suppose. Currently my CSP gets the majority of my spending, so I may ask for a CLI on that card as well. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

i thought about putting in another amex app, but was told by new accounts that they need to have a 5 day gap in between applications, so there's no real point in me applying for anything else from amex while the spg app is still pending. I was tempted to apply for the Hilton Surpass (75k points promo now), but probably will wait till later I suppose since I won't be traveling again until March.

There's no other specific cards that I am particularly interested in. I'm just gonna look at the sign-up bonuses available in March and then decide I suppose. Currently my CSP gets the majority of my spending, so I may ask for a CLI on that card as well. 

Oh gotcha.  Well I sure hope you get approved for SPG!  So, for CSP, CLI up to $40K?

I'm always checking to see what bonuses or new products are in the pipeline but nothing has really appealed to me thus far.  Plus, I don't have anything lined up until Fall of this year.

Message 27 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

Oh gotcha.  Well I sure hope you get approved for SPG!  So, for CSP, CLI up to $40K?

I'm always checking to see what bonuses or new products are in the pipeline but nothing has really appealed to me thus far.  Plus, I don't have anything lined up until Fall of this year.

not too sure for the CSP. I'm gonna ask for 50 and let them counter. If denied, then I probably will reallocate CLs from other cards to the CSP.

Yea same here I'm just looking around to see what nice sign-up bonuses there are.

WF is coming up with some new cards this year, but so far it doesn't look that attractive.

the 2k cap on the Cash+ is probably what hurt me most...... :/

In the Dec statement alone I got about $740ish worth of cashback. But now it's capped at $100 every 3 months....

Message 28 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

lol.

not too sure for the CSP. I'm gonna ask for 50 and let them counter. If denied, then I probably will reallocate CLs from other cards to the CSP.

Yea same here I'm just looking around to see what nice sign-up bonuses there are.

WF is coming up with some new cards this year, but so far it doesn't look that attractive.

In the Dec statement alone I got about $740ish worth of cashback. But now it's capped at $100 every 3 months....

Welcome to my CB world  LOL... I recall you were able to get the uncapped structure cuz you apped before July.  I was the lucky one that apped in July... suckah!!! LOL

Message 29 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Welcome to my CB world  LOL... I recall you were able to get the uncapped structure cuz you apped before July.  I was the lucky one that apped in July... suckah!!! LOL

LOL 

I have not received any confirmation / letter from USBank yet though. I'll try put some charges over 2k and see if my account is indeed limited from now on.

Some of my restaurant charges did not make it into the month of December as well.... Would have been nice if my charge at Mastros was posted in Dec, but it took its own sweet time and posted on 2nd Jan Smiley Mad Now I have $1200 left on the spending cap.

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.