Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Reinstated by Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Reinstated by Chase

So my story begins last Saturday when I noticed that my account was notated as closed on TrueCredit TU report. Called them up via the backdoor number and was basically told to wait for the letter, but the rep did provide an address and fax number to send in my dispute (with copy of credit report) if I disagreed with the action.

So I go home on Saturday and find the AA letter from Chase dated 7.29.09; ironically, sitting right next to my new Alliant $15k Platinum Visa that is doubly ironic because evidently was approved for that card the same day Chase dumped me. Man Tongue Punks.

Anyway fast forward to this morning to the CSRs I spoke to in this order:

1. Recon CSR: I call Chase again via the backdoor number (the recon one listed in the sticky) and explained my situation to the this time the CSR said she is part of the "underwriting" department but they did not make the decision to close the account, and would have to xfer me to Customer Service.
  2. Regular CSR explains it's the Portfolio Lending department that actually made the decision and she could xfer me to someone from that department and they will see what they can do...
  3. Portfolio Lending CSR (I'm assuming): He says he sees that I've been a customer for 8 years and wants to get some updated employment and income information from me. As soon as I provided that information (just verbally, although my employer does reflect on all 3 CBRs, he said he is going to go ahead and reinstate the original line in 5 minutes with the original terms (whew!) and that I will receive a letter from him in 5 - 7 business days.

Other notes specific to my situation:

• Account has been $0 since Feb and had not used it until last month when I booked a hotel and paid for dinner then proceeded to pay off the transaction within 5 days. So, the account had effectively been unused since the Chase takeover from WaMu, then 7 days after using it they whacked it, but if that's just coincidence...your guess is as good as mine.
  • Account was former Providian > WaMu > then I requested a PC to the Perfect Card from WaMu Platinum back in March shortly after the integration.
  • $6k LOC whacked and fully reinstated in a little over 2 weeks
  • No major derogs on the CBRs, but am littered with lates, 95% are from 2004 or earlier, one 30 day was last October
  • FICOs are b/t 680 - 700
  • I'm assuming my employment history and income were major factors, but they only verbally verified that information

At the end of the day for me it was just a hassle/inconvenience. I didn't get snippy with the CSRs the 2nd time I called today. Last Saturday I was pissed because I discovered the closure myself and I'm sure that came across and got me nowhere, or maybe just because it was the weekend that the "Portfolio Lending" department was OOO, again, who knows...

Anybody has any further questions I'd be glad to answer the best I can...

Message Edited by oneeighty on 08-06-2009 03:16 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Line Reinstated by Chase

Thanks for this...I'm working up to calling them for this myself. Good to see that I can be done. I have the Providian version too.
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 2 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They should be inundated with calls. (From those who are truly deserving of reinstatement, of course. Any PIF'er should get immediate play.)
Message 3 of 7
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Can you tell me what number you called?  I have the same issue too. I want to get my card reinstated because it is the only decent card I have with a $2K limit.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) as listed in the Backdoor Numbers sticky.

However, please note that I was transferred twice from that number (see 1 - 3 above).

The entire call took about 10 minutes.

Message 5 of 7
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

I called this number and the first person was surprised that my account was closed and wanted to know if I was the one who had requested that it be closed.  I told him no and he told me to hold on and got someone else on the phone who told me to fax an updated credit report and a letter.  Now I await a response. 

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@ShowCredit wrote:
I called this number and the first person was surprised that my account was closed and wanted to know if I was the one who had requested that it be closed.  I told him no and he told me to hold on and got someone else on the phone who told me to fax an updated credit report and a letter.  Now I await a response. 

Cool Beans! Please keep us up to date on this. I will be heading this direction shortly. Just need a couple of payments to be updated on my credit report and a few things corrected and deleted.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.