Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live in So Cal and need credit non EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Live in So Cal and need credit non EQ

I am buying a house in So Cal and want to pick up some furniture, a TV, and a few odds and ends. Does anyone know who I can go through to get decent credit with TU or EX (both in the high 600's on myfico). Current util is 0%  I keep getting EQ pulled and I have a serious mistake I am fixing on EQ that is killing my EQ score (around 620)

No lates in 12 months
charge offs (2-3) from 2001-2004
2 small collections from 2003
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Live in So Cal and need credit non EQ

try living spaces... its through wells fargo..you can do it on line.(just goggle them)
i really had no credit so to speak and some old little collections dentist etc and last year i got $4000 got some real nice leather couches ($150 a month payment), it was interest free for a year then it would be a CRAZY 25% but I paid it off before then..just a few weeks ago so I'm waiting to see if it helps my fico any  : )
..can't remember my score they were pre fico days when i didn't know anything..but I'm sure my score were nothing impressive! cant remember who they pulled not experian ..but like I said all my scores had to have been pretty bad back then !
good luck  : )

Message Edited by CRASMAKEMEPUKE on 09-18-2008 01:27 AM
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a So Cal?
Message 3 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
What's a So Cal?

Southern California.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. Hip talk. I can dig it.
Message 5 of 17
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

So Cal = Better than Nor Cal :-D
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I will check it out.
Message 7 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:
So Cal = Better than Nor Cal :-D

whoa, I dunno about that, northern California is tons lovelier... (from my dim memories at age 11 or whatever it was)

OK, TJ over, at least on my part --

mickie08, I was under the impression that Experian practically owns California for credit pulls? (and I'm sure that your new home and neighborhood are beautiful! Smiley Wink )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in So Cal and 99 percent of pulls for anything (CC, auto, etc.)  have been on my EX... what I wouldn't give for a TU or EQ pull!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

im also in so cal and it seems to me the bulk is pulled from EQ only..
walmart
target
chevron
chase freedom
chase mc
macys
lowes
this is just a short list of my current cards that only pulled EQ here in so cal
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.