cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Additional CC's - Will Soon Be Gardening!

tag
surbee
Valued Member

Re: Looking for Additional CC's - Will Soon Be Gardening!

thanks, all! appreciate the insights!

-------------
06/2013 -- TU 690 - EX 674 - EQ 673
03/2013 -- TU 638 - EX 685 - EQ 654
01/2013 -- TU 607 - EX 573 - EQ 597

GOAL -- All Above 700... I'll get there soon enough!
Message 11 of 18
surbee
Valued Member

thanks for the additional insights @myjourney.

i'm open to whatever kind of card - just wanted to add one more to the mix so i have three fully in my name. i was leaning toward a charge card as the 3rd new but i just tried with amex (green) and it was declined.

it looks like i'm 2 for 4 today and think i'll wait it out for a bit. Smiley Indifferent

-------------

Message 12 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@surbee wrote:

@Anonymous for the additional insights @myjourney.

i'm open to whatever kind of card - just wanted to add one more to the mix so i have three fully in my name. i was leaning toward a charge card as the 3rd new but i just tried with amex (green) and it was declined.

it looks like i'm 2 for 4 today and think i'll wait it out for a bit. Smiley Indifferent

Do you shop at walmart? 

GE is pretty tolerant and gives free TU Fico scores / discount on gas as well ..Just a thought tho

They can grow very fast and large too

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 18
surbee
Valued Member

hmmm, interesting... so retail cards is a route i hadn't considered to help with my process of building my credit/going into gardening. no walmarts near me but i can shop online with it, i suppose? 

any thoughts on what happens to have 5 inquiries in one day with only 2 of 5 resulting in cards? or do the declines ever show up if it turns out i get 3 declines today? so nervous to submit another application. eek!

-------------

Message 14 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

To answer the question regarding calculating AAOA. Add up all your TLs in months based on open date on cr and divide by the number is TLs.
For example:

Chase 1/2012. = 17 mos
Amex 6/2013 = 1 mos

Total 18 mos/2= 9 mos AAOA
Message 15 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@surbee wrote:

hmmm, interesting... so retail cards is a route i hadn't considered to help with my process of building my credit/going into gardening. no walmarts near me but i can shop online with it, i suppose? 

any thoughts on what happens to have 5 inquiries in one day with only 2 of 5 resulting in cards? or do the declines ever show up if it turns out i get 3 declines today? so nervous to submit another application. eek!

INQ's show on CR before you see the words approved or denied its just that fast ..

GE pulls TU so if you haven't did any pulls there it would help....

I'm in no way saying to app just giving you all the facts so you can make choices to go for one more or garden now Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@surbee wrote:

INQ's show on CR before you see the words approved or denied its just that fast ..

GE pulls TU so if you haven't did any pulls there it would help....

I'm in no way saying to app just giving you all the facts so you can make choices to go for one more or garden now Smiley Wink

FYI declines don't show on CR just the fact you applied for something 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 18
LADYTEXASJONTE

Try Merrick Bank! They are easy to get approved for and it is a unsecured credit card! They are also good at raising your credit limit without you even asking!!!

www.merrickbank.com

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.