Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Best Balance Transfer Card for a Large Navy Federal Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Best Balance Transfer Card for a Large Navy Federal Credit Card

I am looking for the Best Balance Transfer Card that I can use to transfer about $12,000 from my Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card. I had the Card for about 5 months. My Credit Score for TU is in the 700's EQ is about 675 and EX I don't think they use at all. Also are there any Cards out there that will allow me to do a Balance Transfer for a CLOC as well? I would like to consolidate as much as I can. Please let me know your thoughts.... Thanks everyone!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Looking for Best Balance Transfer Card for a Large Navy Federal Credit Card

Not sure too many BT cards start off with high enough limit to transfer that much. Good bt cards are Slate ,the new one from Boa, Disco, SImplicity , maybe Diamond Prefered. Personal loan might be an option if your score is good enough. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Average Joe!!! 

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Maybe you can split it onto 2 different cards as well.
Message 4 of 11
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

In 2013, Citi gave me a Simplicity for $13,500.  Two days later I transfered $12,000 from an NFCU card to Simplicity.  Is this what you are looking for?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe Simplicity has the best BT but they don't usually give out high CL. I was able to do a CLI upon receiving the card via chat. Discover also gave me a good BT offer for no fee and 0% APR for 24 months. 

Message 6 of 11
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Since no one has mentioned it, I would suggest the Barclay Ring. I too was looking for a BT CC, and had to go with the Ring.  I like that they have no BT fee and a promo period of 15mths. I was worried that I wouldn't receive a high enough SL but got $12.500. I don't know where you live, but Barclay generally pulls TU, so since it's your highest CS, they might be the way to go.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 11
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Last year I was approved for Citi DC $15,000 SL with 21 months 0% BT APR offer. Still in that period and taking advantage of it. Have received multiple additional BT offers on it since. I don't think the DC has a new BT offer for new accounts right now but Citi's got a few other cards with the 21 month offer currently.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys so much! I am going to look into all the Cards you mentioned and will definitely share my outcome. I appreciate you all! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One question that iwant to ask is say someone needs to transfer that amount, in this case 22k and you get a 15k card, ont the super high utilization really affect your score. I know im carrying a 60% plus bts on 1 card and its hilding down my score i dont even want to think if it was a 80 or 90 percent. This is good to know for those looking to BT to another card.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.