Did you mean: 

Looking for CCs with easy approvals

tag
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Looking for CCs with easy approvals

Community

My husbands credit score is FAKO: EX 567  EQ  608  TU  567 

we are looking at cards he could apply for to assist with rebuilding his credit (he has Capital One already)

has 4 CA items which we are fighting, however he pay every thing ontime and have 6-7 positive mixed credit lines open

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for CCs with easy approvals

With the current 4 CA's I wouldn't apply for anything.  I would finish fighting those, and see where it goes.  Keep running money thru the Capital One and let it grow.  I would wait until his Fico's are in the mid 600's before he should apply for anything else

Message 2 of 8
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With the current 4 CA's I wouldn't apply for anything.  I would finish fighting those, and see where it goes.  Keep running money thru the Capital One and let it grow.  I would wait until his Fico's are in the mid 600's before he should apply for anything else

+1

He's more than likely not going to be approved for anything right now, so don't waste an inq. Clean up the CA, garden for a while and then apply when scores are back up. Also, PIF the Cap one every month.

Message 3 of 8
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 4 of 8
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I was approved for Target, Walmart, Amazon, and JC Penney with 10+ unpaid collection accounts and 2 judgments. I also have an auto loan, personal loan, and 5 revolving accounts with 100% on-time payments. And I also have a lot of recent inquiries. Got turned down for Victoria's Secret and Macy's. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 5 of 8
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I would go for a Walmart card, might only give him $200 CL, but it's a great card to garden with. Maybe Credit One, but remember it has a $75 AF. Start with those but don't do more than 2-3 apps.

Message 6 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@AvaMommy wrote:

Community

My husbands credit score is FAKO: EX 567  EQ  608  TU  567 

we are looking at cards he could apply for to assist with rebuilding his credit (he has Capital One already)

has 4 CA items which we are fighting, however he pay every thing ontime and have 6-7 positive mixed credit lines open

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks

AvaMommy!    Hi!  

I would have him apply for the nRewards or Platinum card from NFCU over the phone...   That way, once the analyst pulls his credit, he can get advice on whether he qualifies for the unsecured or secured version of the card.

Tell him to stay away from sub prime lenders, especially since he is lucky enough to have access to NFCU.   Sub prime lenders will only hurt him in the long run, as companies like First Premier or Credit One look really bad on your report under a manual review.

He can also do a secured loan with NFCU with a VERY LOW interest rate which will help him with re-establishing installment history.

If you have a car at a high interest rate, you can refinance it into both of your names, as they go off the primary applicant's score when determineing the rate.  You also get $250 bonus cash for refinancing with Navy Fed.

Best of Luck to you and your husband!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

1. DO NOT HOARD STORE CARDS you will rarely / never use. The best banks look at potential credit risk of mass charge potential and filing bankruptcy. Also it makes it harder to manage your credit with massive number of cards.

2. you only need 2-3 GOOD cards to build your credit, get a DCU digital credit union SECURED card, and the account willl not only help you with a FREE Fico score monthly, it will graduate and unsecure after good payment history. NO ANNUAL FEES, also try Wells Fargo they help people get credit at lower than normal scores. They even have mortgages for 550's

3. You can get many cards if you want, but if your trying to show how responsible you are in a manual review or recon, it would look pretty bad if you had 20 store cards imo since it shows zero customer loyalty, and a compulsive shopper like behavior.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.