Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for HighLimit card in VA, TU or EX pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for HighLimit card in VA, TU or EX pulls

I need to balance xfer an 11.9% card.. 10k.. I only have one HL card at 20K.. I want to help my util but more importantly balance xfer that 10k to a lower apr.

I've got 4 inq's on EQ and would like to lay off that one. I would like some advice on where to request.. I don't want to bother with any 2-3k approvals.. i want to go for the gold on this. 684 EQ, 691 TU, unknown experian.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
wvumurray
Established Member

Re: Looking for HighLimit card in VA, TU or EX pulls

Chase pulled TU for me in VA.  
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to balance xfer an 11.9% card.. 10k.. I only have one HL card at 20K.. I want to help my util but more importantly balance xfer that 10k to a lower apr.

I've got 4 inq's on EQ and would like to lay off that one. I would like some advice on where to request.. I don't want to bother with any 2-3k approvals.. i want to go for the gold on this. 684 EQ, 691 TU, unknown experian.

Thanks.

With the scores you have and dollar balances, you are going to be very hard pressed to obtain such limits.

Do you have any derogs?  What is your AAoA?

My suggestion, if you want a big CL is to try to find a way to qualify for membership for NFCU.  They tend to give bigger CL's than you will get anywhere else for the same credit.  So, look for the "six degrees of separation" and see if you can find some relationship to either a retired or active DoD or military person. 

However, the best rate NFCU offers is 7.9% on their Platinum no perk card.  So you will save up to 4% interest if you can qualify for their best rate.

Addison Avenue Credit Union has issued some good CL's, but wants docs usually.  They pull EX.  wmarat I think got around $20k from them as a new account/member, but they required paystubs, w2 and copy of positive id.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-16-2009 08:23 AM
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 20k card is with Navy FCU.... I have requested a rate reduction but haven't been sucessful yet. They have been good to me but I'm looking for ways to nix the rate and one way is to xfer it elsewhere.

I guess I *could* apply for a different card they have and see where that goes.....

I have other revolving accounts (not credit cards) so my over all util is about 25%

I do have some bad things including  this http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc2nhvv9_1hs478dfm

There are 2 30 days in the past like 3.5 years ago  and the thing from above starting almost 6.5 years ago.

AAoA is 5 years. Oldest account is 9 years

Message Edited by lphelps on 07-16-2009 09:30 AM
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The 20k card is with Navy FCU.... I have requested a rate reduction but haven't been sucessful yet. They have been good to me but I'm looking for ways to nix the rate and one way is to xfer it elsewhere.

I guess I *could* apply for a different card they have and see where that goes.....

I have other revolving accounts (not credit cards) so my over all util is about 25%

I do have some bad things including  this http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc2nhvv9_1hs478dfm

There are 2 30 days in the past like 3.5 years ago  and the thing from above starting almost 6.5 years ago.

AAoA is 5 years. Oldest account is 9 years

Message Edited by lphelps on 07-16-2009 09:30 AM

Oh...so you all ready got the NFCU.  I'd work on a rate reduction....but remember they have certain floors for each type of card.  So, you might want to "SWITCH" from your current card type to a Platinum non-reward which currently offers "as low as" 7.9% fixed.  If you have a reward card, they can't lower your rate beyond its lowest published rate.  But if you switch to the no-perk Platinum, then request a reduction, you might get better rates.

Addison Avenue offers a 5.24% Platinum card.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. What do you think of applying with NFCU for a second card (different product) I would balance transfer but at that point there is no reason to close the other card. It that something thats done. Two different cards with one lendor?
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice. What do you think of applying with NFCU for a second card (different product) I would balance transfer but at that point there is no reason to close the other card. It that something thats done. Two different cards with one lendor?

Many people have more than 1 card with NFCU, plus NAVcheck.  If you have a $20k CL with them and a great history, you might get approved for another.  But if your utilization is high and you are making minimums they might interpret this as "income maxed" but it will cost you an EQ inq to find out.

Also, you can't BT from one card to the other. BUT....NFCU doesn't charge cash advance fees and if you use a convenience check, it is the same rate as purchase.  So if you apply for the Platinum Visa no perk and get a 7.9% fixed, you can use a convenience check to deposit into your Non-NFCU account then pay off your existing balance card.  The effect is a 2 hop BT....but no fees and same APR as purchase.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sad to say... in the fine print

"Balance transfers using convenience checks will be subject to the cash advance rate."

You can't use convenience checks to do this balance transfer.  You must contact NFCU to set up the balance transfer directly.  If you use a convenience check to do a balance transfer, then you won't get the promotional rate.

of course the cash rate IF i got the 7.9 would still be less then the 11.9 but I don't see them giving me the lowest rate..

Message 8 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Citi is generally an EX puller. You could pull the lever and apply for a low interest, non reward card (like the Diamond Preferred) and see what happens. I did this (with a pre-app) last December and got decent results. If approved for this card you will always receive a period (let's say x months) of 0% APR for purchases and a 0% balance transfer offer exercisable with that period that will run for x months from the date of the first transfer. x could be six, nine or twelve months depending on the pricing tier the assign you. It is also a pretty decent card.

That being said I currently recommending to people that they should refinance their revolving debt to installment debt and then pay down the installment debt, i.e. get a personal loan (not a personal loc). Unless your revolving balance total a very small portion of your total available revolving credit these days you are playing with fire! You really need to try and keep your revolving util < 10%!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

that would help with util the installment way.. but the APR is typically higher.. navy fed shows 11.25 min.. if I got that it would be good.. but chances are... cant hurt to much to apply and see...
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.