Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Suggestions - CC after 2013 BK

tag
msvee32
New Contributor

Looking for Suggestions - CC after 2013 BK

Hello all, I am looking for a credit card that only pulls Experian. I filled BK in 2013, 1 auto loan 8 months, a Quicksilver 8 months & Barclay 1 month. I live in VA, please help! Thanks in advance

EQ/577, EX/662, TU/652

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Suggestions - CC after 2013 BK

@msvee32 wrote:

Hello all, I am looking for a credit card that only pulls Experian. I filled BK in 2013, 1 auto loan 8 months, a Quicksilver 8 months & Barclay 1 month. I live in VA, please help! Thanks in advance

EQ/577, EX/662, TU/652

American Express only pulls EX.  Have you checked their preapproval site to see if you have any?  Might have to wait on them though because they generally require a 5 year wait after discharge.  

Message 2 of 12
msvee32
New Contributor

ok, I will ck with the preapproval

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s holding your EQ score down so low? 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msvee32 wrote:

ok, I will ck with the preapproval

Your TU score isn’t that far off.  Have you looked at cards that pull that bureau?  As a reference, you can Google credit pulls database and use that resource by entering VIrginia as your state and see the various creditors and what they typically pull. Curious, why is your EQ score so much lower?

Message 5 of 12
msvee32
New Contributor

EQ are the worst with removing accounts. I have 4 accounts that are in dispute with them, they have until Dec 15th. TU an EX have removed

Message 6 of 12
msvee32
New Contributor

I didn't want to put any more inquires on TU, I have 11. EQ 3 and EX 5

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if your pre-approved for Discover. If so, apply and then garden for 6 months. During this time, try to grow the cards you have with sp cli. 

One of the worse things you can do is get trigger happy and app for a ton cards 1) you will be denied for (wasting hp) or 2) get a lot of cards with low limits. 

Message 8 of 12
msvee32
New Contributor

Will do, thanks!

Message 9 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

See if your pre-approved for Discover. If so, apply and then garden for 6 months. During this time, try to grow the cards you have with sp cli. 

One of the worse things you can do is get trigger happy and app for a ton cards 1) you will be denied for (wasting hp) or 2) get a lot of cards with low limits. 

+1000  This is VERY solid advice here...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.