msberry28
Established Member

Re: Looking for a Dept Store Card

I appreciate it. Thanks

Message 11 of 18
QueenBean
Regular Contributor

I rec'd a Target RedCard with a less than 1 yr old dismissed BK and scores in the mid 500 range.  I rec'd a JCP card with 580s about 6 months later.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
msberry28
Established Member

Well I applied with Target and was sent a letter in the mail stating I had to many inquiries. WIth JCP, I am very skeptical. My scores are not that high
Message 13 of 18
msberry28
Established Member

For the JCP card, did u apply online or in person?
Message 14 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LynetteM wrote:

@msberry28 wrote:

Oh ok. Well how do I get accurate scores to better tell me where I stand on my credit?

I believe the Equifax score you got from their site is a true FICO score. If I am wrong on that, someone will soon come along with a correction.

For your TransUnion FICO score, you can get that here from myFICO, or you can get it from transunioncs.com (note the 'cs').

That would give you 2 of your 3 FICO scores, and the Experian FICO isn't available for consumers to buy.

I would suggest that you do some reading here in the forums, especially on the Rebuilding Your Credit forum. You may have ways available to you to accomplish some credit repair before applying for a dept. store card.

Yep, the score from the Equifax site is the Equifax FICO score.

You can get your TU FICO here at myFICO (google the discount codes first) or from www.transunioncs.com <--note the cs; this is NOT the regular TU site, which will happily lead you to FAKO's.

And as others explained, consumers are basically SOL for their Experian FICO's. Smiley Mad Meanwhile, Experian is doing a nice little business in selling their FAKO scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msberry28 wrote:
Well I applied with Target and was sent a letter in the mail stating I had to many inquiries. WIth JCP, I am very skeptical. My scores are not that high
have u checked out this site its really good........www.financeglobe.com/Finance..let me know what u think....
Message 16 of 18
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Hello, my son has a recent bk ( 1yr). He applied for a Kay jewelry card and received instant approval for $400.00. Might try it
Message 17 of 18
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Anyone know a good dept card that pulls from TU mainly, maybe EQ after I pay down CC balance? 

~JD
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.