Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a GREAT credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a GREAT credit card

Hi everyone!!

After months of fixing my credit, I finally reached a good score of high 700's for all 3 credit bureaus. I am looking for a good credit card that is really good. One that has offers good credit line increases, balance transfers or any other perks. If anyone can recommend one based on their own personal experience, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a GREAT credit card

Given enough time you could see an endorsement for every credit card in existence here. We need to know your spending habits - what your major spend is on - plus whether you’re looking for cash back or points, and an idea of income to make a recommendation. Altitude Reserve is touted highly here but it’s tough to get. CNB Crystal is reputed to be excellent too but requires higher income. A number of Amex and Chase cards are great...if you travel frequently.

And so on ad nauseum.

Give us some lifestyle and income ideas and we can help.
Message 2 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Can't wait until I can get some top-tier cards

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time is coming @BES for both of us. Have you looked at any prequals for additional Amex cards?
Message 4 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Time is coming @BES for both of us. Have you looked at any prequals for additional Amex cards?

Lmao, I just came from there. I have a feeling they won't pre-approve me until I hit a year, which is next month. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I’ll be watching for your approval thread Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!!

After months of fixing my credit, I finally reached a good score of high 700's for all 3 credit bureaus. I am looking for a good credit card that is really good. One that has offers good credit line increases, balance transfers or any other perks. If anyone can recommend one based on their own personal experience, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Unless a lender's internal records show things not present on your credit report, with scores in the high 700's you may get a healthy starting limit relative to your income. You may find you don't need, or lack the income to merit, significantly more credit than the lender initially extends.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 23
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Need to know what you care most about: travel, cash back, sign up bonus, dining or something else?
AU

Message 8 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!!

Thanks.

You need to be more specific about what features would be of value to you.

E.g., cash rewards, travel rewards, low interest, low fees, etc.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

State which credit card accounts you have so members will not duplicate efforts.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.