Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a balance transfer card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a balance transfer card

@ooeemusic wrote:

You know, aren't Best Buy and Home Depot both with Citi? I have both, HD with a 3k limit currently $0 balance and BB with an 800 limit with a $70 balance...makes no sense to me that they wouldn't approve me for a Citi card. Maybe I will wait for the letter, see what the issue is an then give them a call to see if they will recon.

Dang, sorry to hear.  I not familiar with what it's like to try and recon Citi - But I'd look into that.  I'd like to think there's a chance you can get the denial overturned.

Message 11 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

You know, now that I think about it, I think I applied for a citi card a long time ago, like 7-8 years, and got a $500 limit, but, never used the card because I was in the same boat as now, looking for a bt offer to consulidate. Then, like a week later, I applied for the GM Flex card, which at the time, was with...I think HSBC, and get a 5k limit. Maybe a card like that is my better bet right now with the high utalization?

Message 12 of 27
elim
Senior Contributor

I have to say that in my line-up, If I had to do a BT for any length of time, it would be on Cap1 Venture.  2% / 18 month offers constantly. 

$20 per thousand for 18 months (cash) seems pretty fair.  I think it does take awhile after approval to start getting checks in the mail.

Any short term (2 months) gets BT'd to Ring ($3 BT fee at 8.25%)

Message 13 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

Well, I think I figured out why I was denied. I just looked at my experian report and there is a hard pull from YESTERDAY from CBNA. I didn't apply for anything yesterday! I did an offer check, which was supposed to be a soft pull, not a hard pull! is there anyway to fix it?

Message 14 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

Well, I reported it to CFBP because I did NOT authorize ANY hard pulls yesterday! ugh! I also called Citi and they don't know anything about anything including why I was denied, they said I would have to wait for the letter and that he had to do with "not being able to verify everything" uh...?

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange, so you're saying there are 2 Citi HPs?  One from the day before yesterday, and one from yesterday? Keep us posted. 

Message 16 of 27
negg
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Apple card.  Lol all you want,  but in 3 years I've gone from 1500 to 10,800 on my credit limit.  Typical fees like all other cards 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 17 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

Well, I got a follow up email this morning from Citi saying they could not verify the information on my application and I need to call. I called the number and they said the number I called was not correct and gave me a different number. The number they gave me is the same number I called the other day?! I thought I already talked to them about this app and they said because they could not verify the info it was denied...do I really need to call them again?

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if one of the numbers listed in this thread can help you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 19 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

FNBO offers 4.99% for the life of the BT loan. I get a offer from them nearly once a month.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.