Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a balance transfer card

tag
ooeemusic
Established Member

Re: Looking for a balance transfer card

Well, I got the letter in the mail, and again all it said was they were unable to approve it because they could not verify all the information. I used one of the backdoor numbers (thank you for those) and called and was able to verify my address verbal, they also texted me a confirmation number which I had to verify also, they then said they would process the app and it would be just a few minutes... I waited a few minutes and the lady who was assisting me came back and said they needed to further verify some information (didn't tell me what) and that they would call me back. That was this morning and I have not heard back. I did check the status online and it now states further processing is need and to check back in 24 hours...so...cross your fingers and say a prayer!

Message 21 of 27
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Hopefully all verification they need will happen today and you'll be approved since it was only verification related...keep us posted...

Message 22 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

omg I'm starting to think this is jist more trouble than it is worth. I got another letter. This one requested more info, and satated they have tried to contact me which is flat out not true.
The info they asked for was a phone bill listing my phine number, name and address. a bank statement, credit card bill or other utility bill stating my address and a pay statement stating my name and date.
I called them as I share a family plan with my mother, as u have for the last 15 years, so i do not have a phone bill showing my name and address. The lady put me on hold for 10 minutes while she "got a decision" and then came back and said my application is "on going" and they will let me know of they need anymore information. um.....? so this letter that says they need this info means nothing now becasue I obviously got the letter and live here??
I asked her what about the other info and all she would say is "we will let you know if we need any other information." what. the. heck.
Message 23 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a Citi fan, and it sounds like you won't be one after all this, either.   

Maybe you should just go for the Chase Slate.  If you only need 12 months at 0%, BBR is a great BT choice that's often overlooked.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 24 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

Geez oh pete. I went back on the application status website this morning to see if anything was updated over night. It had changed from processing to denied...so...I called the back door number again, those really are amazing, and got a lady in KY, I told her I got a letter requesting additional information, called about and it was told to ignore it and that didn't seem right to me. I left out the now it was denied part. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with an approval for 3,300. A bit less than I was hoping for, but, it will help me move my crazy high interest discover over and pay that down, and that discover, with a 5.5k limit is ALWAYS giving me 0% interest offers, so I should be able to move the other card I want to pay down to it! Yay! What a ridiculous process that turned out to be.

Now, I have another question. I know store cards are bad for your credit, but, I recently moved, and my couch was ruined in the move. I need to get a couch and Levin always has their 60 month interest free deal if you use their credit, good idea? or bad idea? My current scores are 719 EX, 720 Transunion, and I'm not sure about EQ, but I it's probably about the same range.

Message 25 of 27
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ooeemusic wrote:

Geez oh pete. I went back on the application status website this morning to see if anything was updated over night. It had changed from processing to denied...so...I called the back door number again, those really are amazing, and got a lady in KY, I told her I got a letter requesting additional information, called about and it was told to ignore it and that didn't seem right to me. I left out the now it was denied part. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with an approval for 3,300. A bit less than I was hoping for, but, it will help me move my crazy high interest discover over and pay that down, and that discover, with a 5.5k limit is ALWAYS giving me 0% interest offers, so I should be able to move the other card I want to pay down to it! Yay! What a ridiculous process that turned out to be.

Now, I have another question. I know store cards are bad for your credit, but, I recently moved, and my couch was ruined in the move. I need to get a couch and Levin always has their 60 month interest free deal if you use their credit, good idea? or bad idea? My current scores are 719 EX, 720 Transunion, and I'm not sure about EQ, but I it's probably about the same range.

If you put high utilization on the $3300 card that will hurt your scores

The Levin thing will also hurt your credit, in several ways. In addition to a new inquiry and new account... (a) you'll show high utilization and (b) it's considered a "finance co" which is considered a lower form of credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 26 of 27
ooeemusic
Established Member

Ok, thanks.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.